DL pilot helps rescue fisherman from icy waters

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Delta First Officer, Edward “Chris” Haerter and his brother recently pulled a fisherman from the icy waters of Lake Redstone in Wisconsin. The Wisconsin State Journal reported that the Haerters were vacationing for the holidays with their parents near Reedsburg, Wis., when a neighbor noticed that two ice anglers walking across the frozen lake had disappeared. A nearby fisherman with a Labrador retriever and sled was able to pull the first victim from the water, but was unable to rescue the second. While another neighbor, a Chicago fire chief called 911, the Haerter brothers put on life jackets, grabbed a canoe and ran out to the scene. The brothers safely pulled the second victim from the water and brought him back to shore. Chris Haerter’s brother Matt is a fireman from Kenosha, Wisconsin.

That's pretty brave....real-life heroes. Of course, this isn't the kind of thing that they'd waste time with on CNN. Oh, but let him get a DUI....

Ahh yes, so true!

I tried to get some more positive spin for the 354th in Iraq and you guys helping out with "Operation Care Pack to Iraq" from more of the local and national media.

I came to the stark realization that if I didn't spend an evening at Neverland Ranch or stumble thru security with a bottle of Jack Daniels, most of the media doesn't care about positive pilot stories.

I cut-and-pasted the above story off of the internal "Delta News Network".

One question:

How do you get "Chris" from "Edward"??
confused.gif
wink.gif

LMAO!!!!
grin.gif

It's not a joke man!! It's a question. There will be no punch line... well... not from me anyway.
laugh.gif

I just was wondering how they got "Chris" from "Edward". I mean... you see "Edward" and you think:

Ed
Eddy
.....Ed

Not "Chris"

grin.gif

Well, I have a friend who is named "James" who goes by Dennis. And no, Dennis is not his middle name.

Don't ask me. And don't ask him, because he doesn't know, either.

Well, my real name is Stan (which we all know comes from the name "Stanley" which is evidently some foreign kid language for "Beat My Ass"
laugh.gif
).... but my family calls me "Buzz".

And that has absolutely nothing to do with my middle name..... or alcohol.
wink.gif

Yeah.... I was none-too-thrilled when I heard that song... over and over and over and over on the local Pop station.
tongue.gif
But... whaddyagonnado??
wink.gif

Ha! Now you know what I felt like. First it was Wang Chung. Then it was Tone Loc. Then it was Tone, Toni, Tony or whatever the hell they were.

You'd think that everyone who used one of those little things would have known that I had heard it like ten million times before, and by about the eight millionth time it wasn't funny anymore!

[ QUOTE ]

You'd think that everyone who used one of those little things would have known that I had heard it like ten million times before, and by about the eight millionth time it wasn't funny anymore!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that like hearing "Buh-Bye" for Eighty-Million-Kajillionth time?

You know, one of my friends actually used that one. She said that if she won the lottery, she'd say "buh bye" one more time.

Smart girl.

Doug you are to old for Neverland Ranch. You are legal to drink and that bars you...lol

[ QUOTE ]
Or that Eminem video?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah.... I was none-too-thrilled when I heard that song...

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh...try having Marshall as your first name. You have no idea how often I get called Eminem. I have to explain to everyone who does it that the first offense is waived, but repeatedly calling me Eminem will result in being ignored.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Doug you are to old for Neverland Ranch. You are legal to drink and that bars you...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were barred from there when you were too old to order off the kids menu?
blush.gif

Back