Dispatching with Etihad?

Nakruh01

I applied just to see and it seems I've made it past the initial review of applications, Ive checked other forums but posts are several years old and I've yet to find one that actually talks about salary. Im mainly interested in the airline and the role, work life compared to US carriers.
Still hoping to get a call from AA though.

There are a fair number of us hoping for a call from UA and/or AA.

There was a fellow 'spatcher who did the expat experience. Had a blog about it if I recall. His name escapes me and it is several years old. Hopefully one of the crafty veterans in this group can pass along additional details.

There are a fair number of us hoping for a call from UA and/or AA.

There was a fellow 'spatcher who did the expat experience. Had a blog about it if I recall. His name escapes me and it is several years old. Hopefully one of the crafty veterans in this group can pass along additional details.

expatuae.blogspot.com

If I was going to go to the UAE I wouldn’t go to Etihad. They’ve been having some serious financial issues.

That being said, there are also rumors about Emirates acquiring them, so could be a back door into Emirates.

This is something I’ve been interested in doing, but the primary places I want to go can’t get sponsorship for dispatchers.

Would love to know what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't Emirates based in Dubai? Their drinking laws are crazy. Apparently you can go to a bar and get wasted, but not WALK home if you show any sign of intoxication. They will take you to jail. So I guess uber is pretty popular there.....

Isn't Emirates based in Dubai? Their drinking laws are crazy. Apparently you can go to a bar and get wasted, but not WALK home if you show any sign of intoxication. They will take you to jail. So I guess uber is pretty popular there.....

Abu Dhabi. They’re pretty close.

If I was going to go to the UAE I wouldn’t go to Etihad. They’ve been having some serious financial issues.

That being said, there are also rumors about Emirates acquiring them, so could be a back door into Emirates.

This is something I’ve been interested in doing, but the primary places I want to go can’t get sponsorship for dispatchers.

Would love to know what you find out.

I assumed foreign airlines are pretty good about sponsoring their employees for visas considering they hire from all over.

They take your passport? Why? Kinda concerning.

They take your passport when you put in your notice (two months notice is required.) You have to complete several steps to "out-process" including obtaining a letter that you do not owe any money to any banks in the UAE. Upon completion of all these tasks, your passport is returned to you on the date you leave the country. This is all according to my online friend who worked there. He said it was quite stressful getting everything done but they did give him his passport back at the airport as promised.

They take your passport when you put in your notice (two months notice is required.) You have to complete several steps to "out-process" including obtaining a letter that you do not owe any money to any banks in the UAE. Upon completion of all these tasks, your passport is returned to you on the date you leave the country. This is all according to my online friend who worked there. He said it was quite stressful getting everything done but they did give him his passport back at the airport as promised.

My buddy told me the banks there are run by the government and the government loves to give people with good jobs loans. He was given a 100k loans from the government basically right when he moved there. He used to to pay off student loans and debts back home. The loan has been paid back and He said every time he goes to the bank they beg him to take another loan. He refuses for the reasons you stated above.

There was a post about living in the UAE that recommended against moving there for various reasons...worth a read:

There was a post about living in the UAE that recommended against moving there for various reasons...worth a read:

How dare you go back through prior threads!

Back