Dispatcher Prospects

mission_aviation

Does anyone have an outlook on dispatching jobs over the next year? Can anyone give the scoop with the airlines they currently work for. I preparing to attend IFOD in Dallas this summer, and I'm hoping to get work shortly after. I have no limitations on where I can relocate to. I'm very ambitious and want to do great things for who ever I work for. Can I get some recommendations? The more, the better!

There will always be openings for dispatchers at regionals. As long as you know what you doing, you'll probably get hired at the regional of your choice. Trust me, I am a dispatch trainer for a soon-to-be defunct regional airline and too many new-hires are coming out of dispatch school without a clue of how to legally dispatch a plane from point A to B. As long as you study hard and aren't too picky about where you want to work, it'll be a piece of cake to get a dispatch job.

Can't help you with a recommendation, I can't be giving those away like candy! :p

Good luck with your future,
TK

There will always be openings for dispatchers at regionals. As long as you know what you doing, you'll probably get hired at the regional of your choice. Trust me, I am a dispatch trainer for a soon-to-be defunct regional airline and too many new-hires are coming out of dispatch school without a clue of how to legally dispatch a plane from point A to B. As long as you study hard and aren't too picky about where you want to work, it'll be a piece of cake to get a dispatch job.

Can't help you with a recommendation, I can't be giving those away like candy! :p

Good luck with your future,
TK

Thanks for the info. I plan on giving it 110% Most people outside of the industry knows little about dispatchers, they have no idea what they do. When I mention dispatcher school, they think ATC. I guess thats why so many are hiring. I can't wait to get started.

I would be very selective as to who I applied for. The regionals are very unstable right now. I would suspect that a few of them won't be around much longer. I would recommend you research the companies. I would start with SkyWest in St. George UT, Republic Airways (Chautauqua) in Indianapolis, and Atlantic Southeast in Atlanta. ExpressJet in Houston could be a possibility too.

Back