Dispatcher ID's.....

RyanDispatch

Hi gang....

I was wondering if I could solicit some input from the Dispatchers out there.

We here at RD have had dispatchers denied the jumpseat due to our ID's
having both no crew designation, nor an expiration date.

So my question is this, does the airline you work for have CREW desinators on your ID's, OR do you have expiration dates?

I appreciate the input, just want to see what's what out there before I start bitching to the Union, or the DOS.

BRGDS
Bill

Dispatch job one... had crew on badge with expiration date. Dispatch job two... had crew on badge with expiration date. Then one day they came and took it away and gave us a badge without crew (or any position ID). Reason we got was a change in the TSA rules that required only crew (pilots, F/A) were to have CREW on badges. We lobbied and had them make ups ones that had "DISPATCH" on it, for jumpseat purposes. Dispatch job three (and current for now) we have exp date and "flight dispatch" on it. No issues. CASS helps alot (jobs one and two were no cass'd)

Ryandispatch.. if Jaime or Payton are still around, tell them JD says hi!

First position..."Dispatcher" with expiration. (most trouble was with TSA because it didn't say crew)
Current location..."Crew" and "Dispatcher" with expiration (not one incident)

Ryandispatch.. if Jaime or Payton are still around, tell them JD says hi![/QUOTE]

They both are, and I certainly will!!

Thanks for the reply.

My first airline initially only had an expiration date. Eventually we conviced them to put "crew" on it, since according to the FAR's we are considered a crew member.

Current airlines has expiration date and the letters ACM for Air Crew Member and it has "dispatcher" on there as well. ACM is mainly for jumpseating. But again if you are in CASS and you have an agreement with a reciprocating airline you should not have any problems jumpseating.

F9DXER

Back