Dispatch From Home

SkyWest is 121 and SkyWest dispatchers were going to DFH when doing SkyWest Charter flights. Unless they have since been told they can't do that, but I doubt it since those are desks dedicated to only the 135 flights.

The 2 posts above mine mentioned Sierra West and NetJets. Those don’t count. As for 121, it sounds like that’s all ended.

Aside from NetJets I don't know of any other dispatch adjacent jobs that allow WFH.

I dispatched from home exclusively at Jeppesen basically from the start of the lockdown to when I left last year.
Not 121 but we were doing airlines and military stuff from home.

FPM already pre plans flights, adds legal alternates, reads NOTAMS, and chooses the optimal route. That’s not a new thing. There’s too many variables, and a big difference between legal and ideal.

Lol. When we switched to FPM, they promised us the moon. Less clicking! Optimal routes! Picks the alternate! Does ETOPS by itself! Dispatchers will just be validating data!
Here we are years later with probably not thaaaat much efficiency gained (and same amount of workforce). I still don’t trust FPM haha.
Like you said: way too many variables!
I think my job will stick around for a while.
Dispatching and joint operational control as we know it in the US/Canada is unique and slowly other jurisdictions are aligning more with us, not the other way around :)
GOMEX/South Florida today is a good example of why we do what we do.

HM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back