Discovery Flight over Charlottesville photos

Wow, I got jipped on my discovery flight, all I got to do was some turns and climbs/decents, as well as taxi.
wink.gif

I didn't pay for it my self though so *shrug*.

Am i not seeing the photos right? It looks like the airspeed indicator is at 0. ???

You might wanna read the story first
wink.gif

Bzzzzzt!! Looking at the liftoff photo I'd say the ASI was inop the whole time, just busting your chops a bit.
wink.gif

Quick.... someone tell me what this means: tomatoflames, atom squared self, or insert your favorite acronym here.

Looks like a fun day!
grin.gif

Freight Guy.... bzzzt. If you see a picture, that means I was in the backseat taking that picture. In my description I say the AI became inop 40 feet after takeoff, when I was flying.

Thanks for playing, though.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Am i not seeing the photos right? It looks like the airspeed indicator is at 0. ???

You might wanna read the story first
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would require way to much effort! Ive always been a fan of picture books.

I remember my Discovery Flight. It was Dec 2000, in an overloaded 152 from Comair Aviation Academy. I didn't know it was overloaded at the time, but in hindsight I guess that's a bit scary.

Anyway, we did a low pass over the space shuttle landing strip in Titusville and a near fly-by of the shuttle assembly building. They're not too keen on letting people do that anymore after 9/11. Before the TFR was thrown in, you could even fly over Disney as long as you were talking to Orlando Approach. Now the only way to do that really is to practice approaches into Kissimmee.

AAAHHHH home sweet home Charlottesville. I'm UVA class of '00 so thanks for the photos! There's no prettier place on earth than that area of VA, especially the Shenandoah Valley.

AHHHHHHHHHHH, I hate the Shenandoah Valley! I played in a collegiate summer league there. It was horrible. My allergies were so bad, I couldn't even breathe. It was in New Market, Virginia. 1.
Smokey...........................................................

Hi all,

Yup, I love CHO. I was based there with Piedmont (USAirEXP) flying the DHC-8. I loved every minute of it.

Best,
Richman

Hey coin.. nice photos !

Here are just some of my photos my instructor took while I was living in Maui..the link shows a variety of pics (non-flying related) but you'll find the "Maui Pics" in there..good'ole days..
cool.gif

http://photos.yahoo.com/danwlz

Dan

Back