Disappointed

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
While sitting in the gate area waiting for our flight home out of Vegas, my girlfriend could tell something was amiss with me and asked what was wrong. I just explained that I was really disappointed with the weekend, for no other reason than there wasn't enough time.

Honestly, the weekend was way too fast. I certainly didn't have enough time to spend talking with everyone that I wanted to during the networking event and what not. I'm sitting here regretting not being able to have longer conversations with a laundry list of members. I can think of at least a dozen off the top of my head. The only encouraging thing is that NJC does not end when you get on your flight home. It continues on through these very boards and the various Meet and Greet events held throughout the year. You really are a great group of individuals and I am proud to be friends with each and every one of you.

This has been a rough year, and it has been difficult to try and stay motivated and enthusiastic. However, when talking with the membership of JetCareers, I always find myself a bit more enthused than I was before we conversed. This weekend was the same. I have been desperately trying to fend off a cold I brought home from Germany, and I've been trying to develop some semblance of a normal sleep schedule. Both have run me down quite a bit in the past couple weeks, yet as I sit here and write this, I am feeling better already. I think a lot of it has to do with the burst of positivity from this group.

Thank you to Doug and Kristie for putting this all together. They have blessed us all with an amazing network of close friends. Like I said during the roundtables, I'm sure our friendships will help us with our careers someday. Regardless of the career benefits of what this site have provided us, first and foremost it has provided us with people we'll likely be talking to for the rest of our lives.

Matt, you have MORE than enough of a network up there in Chi town.. you saw how many we had at the chicago M&G... start setting those things up more and you'll be having monthly M&G in no time just like we do down here in phx!

as it is...you know that we can always set up a play weekend in vegas too. no official functions which means really no work for me to do..just a weekend or few weekdays of play time :D

Matt, you have MORE than enough of a network up there in Chi town.. you saw how many we had at the chicago M&G... start setting those things up more and you'll be having monthly M&G in no time just like we do down here in phx!

as it is...you know that we can always set up a play weekend in vegas too. no official functions which means really no work for me to do..just a weekend or few weekdays of play time :D
:yeahthat::rawk::bandit:

Let me know when you do it and I'll be out in Chitown, Matt. No excuses. I can even fly out at night and fly back in the morning!

You know, re-reading my post, it might come across as negative; however, it was not meant to be that way. My main point was that we have grown to such a massive community of great people, that it is getting difficult to really become close with each other like we did in the first year or so. There is just not enough time available to spend with each of our great members to really get to know each other.

I am going to do my best to attend some of the meet and greets (maybe plan one or two up here in Yankeeland). Even so, I just want to reiterate how awesome this group is, where someone can leave an event like NJC and feel disappointed that they didn't get to spend more time with the great members we have here.

You know, re-reading my post, it might come across as negative; however, it was not meant to be that way. My main point was that we have grown to such a massive community of great people, that it is getting difficult to really become close with each other like we did in the first year or so. There is just not enough time available to spend with each of our great members to really get to know each other.

I am going to do my best to attend some of the meet and greets (maybe plan one or two up here in Yankeeland). Even so, I just want to reiterate how awesome this group is, where someone can leave an event like NJC and feel disappointed that they didn't get to spend more time with the great members we have here.

While I had a great time, that is exactly how I feel.

Oh well, there is always next year....:nana2:

Back