Digital Jepps w/ Paper Subscription

JaceTheAce'sDad

Flying the Duchess.
Is anyone else wondering why Jeppesen, after getting the money for a paper subscription, would still not offer their digital versions of the same plates for free???? After all, does it cost them any more money? Can't they send you a code with your paper subscription to use to access the digital version on their tablet apps? They already have the subscription fee, such as it is. So what if you gave it to your friend? It could be a one time download, would it be that bad to lose a client you probably wouldn't have anyway? My company buys the paper version and I have to painstakingly update the revisions. How nice it would be to just push the "download" button.

Because the physical paper that it is printed on, is not where the majority of the cost comes from. Plus, paper charts are dumb...

Yeah, I understand the cost is mainly the actual accrual of the data that goes into the charts, however, that cost and the required profit, would be paid through the paper subscription I would have to assume. And for sure digital charts are much better for many reasons, sans battery life or glare I reckon. Still to me there is room left for a digital bonus on a paper subscription, naive as it may seem.

Is anyone else wondering why Jeppesen, after getting the money for a paper subscription, would still not offer their digital versions of the same plates for free???? After all, does it cost them any more money? Can't they send you a code with your paper subscription to use to access the digital version on their tablet apps? They already have the subscription fee, such as it is. So what if you gave it to your friend? It could be a one time download, would it be that bad to lose a client you probably wouldn't have anyway? My company buys the paper version and I have to painstakingly update the revisions. How nice it would be to just push the "download" button.

So, yer gonna have to recombobulate yer perspective... Buy the digitals and get the paper fer free.
You'll have to excuse me...I've had a cocktail and am still contemplating if there is a difference.

Wanting paper and digital charts is like buying an electric car that runs on gasoline.
The paper is to satisfy the feds, you actually use the digital while the paper rots in the back of the airplane somewhere.

We don't carry paper at all, legally approved electronic chart usage. Our feds are completely satisfied on ditching paper.

Back