Difference in PUBNAT

singingastro

I just took my AT-SAT test and am just patiently awaiting the call for the next bit of the hiring process. I've been reading some of these threads and I'm not sure of something. This may be a pretty stupid question, but what are the differences in the PUBNATs? I applied for PUBNAT5. Is that just the order of applicants divided into groups for quantity control or what? And also, how long on average does it take to recieve a call after AT-SAT to continue with Drug/Psychological tests/etc.? I'm just trying to get a rough timeline of this process. I know it's a waiting game....but any personal experiences or estimated guesses would be appreciated :D Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

I just took my AT-SAT test and am just patiently awaiting the call for the next bit of the hiring process. I've been reading some of these threads and I'm not sure of something. This may be a pretty stupid question, but what are the differences in the PUBNATs? I applied for PUBNAT5. Is that just the order of applicants divided into groups for quantity control or what? And also, how long on average does it take to recieve a call after AT-SAT to continue with Drug/Psychological tests/etc.? I'm just trying to get a rough timeline of this process. I know it's a waiting game....but any personal experiences or estimated guesses would be appreciated :D Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

It's just a way of "grouping" all the applicants together. PUBNAT1 opened from XX/XX (date) - XX/XX (date), and so forth. So depending on which you applied for, there are threads for each posting. It's just a way for us to keep our sanity with other people who applied to the same posting.

You won't receive a "call" after your test. You'll get the score on your ASAP homepage (you can get it as soon as 1 business day to 2/3 weeks later). Then they'll send you an email asking you for your geographical preference, you'll respond and wait some more. Then that's pretty much the deciding final step as far as knowing whether you got invited to the PEPC to do you medical and security clearances.

number 5 is just the fifth public application. you will have a pretty long wait ahead. you need to wait for your geo prefs email (where you choose 2 states), then you need to wait for the refferal list, then you need to be picked for a job at the panels (not everyone get hired), and then you go to the PEPC, or NON PEPC, route and have your medical/drug/etc... so give it a few more months.

The total process took 6 months for me to find out I didn't get picked for a job.

ouch!!!! sorry to hear that. I did get my AT-SAT score back, well qualified. :D My concern is that I didn't recieve an email when i was chosen for the AT-SAT, im guessing it went into spam and i just deleted it. Do you know if there is a number i can call to follow up with them to ensure the email does not get discarded?

ouch!!!! sorry to hear that. I did get my AT-SAT score back, well qualified. :D My concern is that I didn't recieve an email when i was chosen for the AT-SAT, im guessing it went into spam and i just deleted it. Do you know if there is a number i can call to follow up with them to ensure the email does not get discarded?

The AT-SAT score is the score from the test you took. If you got then, then you took the test. Now you're waiting to see if you made the referral list and then an email asking for your geo preferences.

It's ok, but I do advise you to start applying for an PUBNATs that open up in the future, in case you don't get picked. At least your name will be in the next round with the next group being reviewed. I was one of the lucky ones who got an email from the FAA (after all was said and done), asking if I'd come to Louisiana and I said "ok."

The AT-SAT score is the score from the test you took. If you got then, then you took the test. Now you're waiting to see if you made the referral list and then an email asking for your geo preferences.

It's ok, but I do advise you to start applying for an PUBNATs that open up in the future, in case you don't get picked. At least your name will be in the next round with the next group being reviewed. I was one of the lucky ones who got an email from the FAA (after all was said and done), asking if I'd come to Louisiana and I said "ok."

NO....lol....you get the geo prefs first! THEN THE REFERRAL LIST! then panels meet

alright, thats for the good advice. I will continue to apply for other PUBNAT openings. Rather be safe than sorry. I'm assuming if I'm hired with the original application of PUBNAT 5, then newly applied positions would just drop off. So you still going to OKC, or straight to Louisiana?

NO....lol....you get the geo prefs first! THEN THE REFERRAL LIST! then panels meet

LMAO! OK OK, I stand corrected (at least in the other post)! :laff:

alright, thats for the good advice. I will continue to apply for other PUBNAT openings. Rather be safe than sorry. I'm assuming if I'm hired with the original application of PUBNAT 5, then newly applied positions would just drop off. So you still going to OKC, or straight to Louisiana?

Unfortunately you just missed PUBNAT7, but there should be a ton in 2009 (like there were in 2008). Everyone has to go to OKC if they get hired. It's like the FAA's way of getting all of us new hires on the "same level" by the time we leave OKC. Then you head to your assigned location to get MORE training.

Back