Didn't do well on the MMPI-2 (ATC Applicant)...

darli328

Went to the Memphis PEPCs and got a call last week saying I had to do further psych evaluation (my MMPI-2 scores weren't that good I guess). Did the re-evaluation with a psychologist this week and have no idea if I did good enough or not. The psychologist said I did pretty good on the interview portion but doesn't know what they're looking for on the full MMPI retest I took so he couldn't say much about my new scores. The interview with him was pretty easy, all I had to do was repeat a bunch of numbers and remember some words. I'm curious how long it will take till I find out and how many people actually pass the re-evaluation... Anyone on here do the psych re-evaluation and make it to OKC?

Hi there -

I have been working in the mental health field as a counselor for about 4 years. As long as you did well in front of the psychologist then I wouldn't worry to much. The MMPI-II is a good tool but doesn't provide a proper picture for every client. Good luck!

I think I did pretty well in front of the Psychologist so I guess I can only hope for the best. Thanks for the info.

so, do you hear voices that others can't?
is someone always trying to steal from you?
are your thoughts controlled by others?

LOL

As long as you didn't tell them that the voices from the mother ship were telling you to go clean and load all your guns, then you will probably be okay.

Why does everybody talk about the voices...I get all my messages in written letters after I lose 12 hours time to who knows where...but I never hear voices:)

Uhhh, why did he have to have a strategy that backfired? Maybe he is just a couple cards short of a full deck.:crazy:

Haha, that was funny! I don't really know what's wrong with my MMPI scores. The Psych said it's probably becasue I'm not being honest enough on the test or something like that. Personaly I felt like I was being completely honest. But to answer everyones questions, I don't hear voices, no one is controlling my mind, and I don't wish I thought about sex less... I just wish I knew weather or not I qualify. I hate not knowing... Thanks again for everyones help.

By strategy I sort of meant that maybe he was trying to portray himself a certain way, and it didn't work out. I don't know what this test asks, but for example, portraying yourself to be a neat and tidy person if you're not, or a stress-free person if you actually worry a lot. That sort of thing.

Why does everybody talk about the voices...I get all my messages in written letters after I lose 12 hours time to who knows where...but I never hear voices:)
I get faxes from myself in the future. I know they're from me because they're on my stationary.

So, has anyone gone through the re-evaluation and gotten an official offer?

No, they just want to see if you really are as crazy as you seemed the first time or if it was a blooper...

In reality I have no idea what I am talking about and just thought I would talk some more ####.

Back