Didn't do the ATP written

Miked3016

I have 1100 TT, and will reach 1500 in the next few months as I work at a busy flight school. I missed the ATP written deadline and didn't get it done. I know this is a big screw up on my part. What options do I have now. Are any regionals accepting FO's with out the ATP written complete. I know you are now required to do a ground and sim course. Anyone find one of these courses offered? I heard talk of them costing 10k-15k which is an expensive mistake on my part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm willing to bet you'll see regionals recruiting people on the basis that they can provide the ATP CTP as part of their training program as a recruiting technique-my guess is they really won't have a choice come a few years...

Yep know all too well. I had my ATP written completed in Nov 2011. Went out on Medical Leave of Absence from a Part 121 in January 2012 and now with the new rule, my written has expired. None of my time at the 121 counts nor the fact that I was on MLOA when the rule was enforced counts in bypassing to take the "course."

Odds are by the time a Regional gets an ATP-CTP program approval, you'll be long past the 1500 hours. You're best bet now is to use one of the few ATP-CTP programs that have been approved. Bite the bullet from your mistake and get to the next chapter in your career.

Look into Polk State in Lakeland FL. I know the guy who runs the program there and last time I talked to him, he was hopping to be able to do ATPs for around $1,500.

He's able to do 6 hours in a level C sim for that price? Seems way too low to be true IMO.

He's able to do 6 hours in a level C sim for that price? Seems way too low to be true IMO.
He does it in a level D, and don't forget the ground school also. He has a great program and I am not just saying that because he is a friend. 0 to ATP with a four year degree will cost you about $60k.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, although I couldn't take the written anyways as I was 20 at the time of the deadline and they told me to go away. Kinda sucks but whatever well see what happens!

Back