Diamond coming up for sale

BigZ

2007 DA40-FP
Just north of 1500ish hrs since new
Owned her since 2011, did my best to take a good care.
Upgrade at work isn't happening with the furloughs and downgrades, neither is picking up a ton of OT, so owning an airplane isn't feasible for me at this time.
ADS-B In/Out compliant with the 345 remote xponder (adsb traffic on g1000, the thing talks to you - like "traffic, two o'clock low" - kinda neat. wx on tablet over bluetooth), fresh annual and IFR, yada yada pm for details.
Non-WAAS, GFC700, HID lights. Just about a regular DA40 performance, but with lower mx O-360-A4M engine and chunk-o-metal Sensenich prop off of a Grumman Tiger.
Loved every hour of flying her.
2dadff2bcf45ca8ad52ca9ffb37f5e9f-me.jpg

Attachments

• 2dadff2bcf45ca8ad52ca9ffb37f5e9f-me.jpg
    2dadff2bcf45ca8ad52ca9ffb37f5e9f-me.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 37
Bummer man. I'm sorry to hear that. You will get more traction if you post some interior pictures.

2007 DA40-FP
Just north of 1500ish hrs since new
Owned her since 2011, did my best to take a good care.
Upgrade at work isn't happening with the furloughs and downgrades, neither is picking up a ton of OT, so owning an airplane isn't feasible for me at this time.
ADS-B In/Out compliant with the 345 remote xponder (adsb traffic on g1000, the thing talks to you - like "traffic, two o'clock low" - kinda neat. wx on tablet over bluetooth), fresh annual and IFR, yada yada pm for details.
Non-WAAS, GFC700, HID lights. Just about a regular DA40 performance, but with lower mx O-360-A4M engine and chunk-o-metal Sensenich prop off of a Grumman Tiger.
Loved every hour of flying her.
View attachment 55133

You ever consider putting it into leaseback somewhere? I know my flight school would be interested in placing it if you were interested in that as well.

We have one DA-40 in the fleet, we're picking up another one at same location. I know the other locations really want one. Rate for the current one at my field is $195/hr wet.

You ever consider putting it into leaseback somewhere? I know my flight school would be interested in placing it if you were interested in that as well.

We have one DA-40 in the fleet, we're picking up another one at same location. I know the other locations really want one. Rate for the current one at my field is $195/hr wet.
I considered it, but up north here it would most likely be a seasonal thing.

I considered it, but up north here it would most likely be a seasonal thing.

I don't know how far north you are, but it gets cold here, too, and the darn things fly a LOT here. We're one of the busiest schools in the region with 5 locations.

Let me know if you reconsider.

What are you looking for price-qise and what has been your general cost of ownership out of curiosity?

What would be so prohibitive of sending your kid away to boarding school?
Might be a way to keep the plane if it’s flying it’s wheels off in NoVa. @killbilly wasnt kidding, they are busy. The DC metro area is nearly recession proof with all the gov workers.
Couple a few years from now, you might be a skipper and can bring the ol girl back home.
Just a thought.
Good luck, I know we all need it right now!

Tried to respond with aQUOTE,forum isacting up for some reason
Ugh, still same

Maybe. I'll ask him for details of their arrangements

What are you looking for price-qise and what has been your general cost of ownership out of curiosity?
Cost of ownership
Insurance about 1000
Annual - varies by geography for the most part. Owner assisted 400 to about 1800 shop flat rate when nothing substantial needs fixing. Couple of 4000ish annuals with things like replacing a fuel tank etc. Oil changes - diy is sub 100 (60?). Shop - depends on a shop 100-200 every 50 hrs. This is a FP with a metal prop, so no 7k of overhaul on the MT prop every 5 years or whatever it is these days.
Hangar/tiedown- area specific. My current hangar rate is 520/mo. DA40 needs an honest 42' hangar. Most are 38 or 40 foot, these won't work. Tiedown is typically 60-120, depending on the airport.
Database subscription- US nav data is something like 450 I want to say a year.

ADS-B compliance was like 9500, but that's a one time thing and I did that.

Price - asking price on the vintage and condition is about 230k

Back