Detroit area

flycanuck

Does anyone know of any FBO's with flight schools in the Detroit area?

Any help greatly appreciated.

-Flycanuck

I guess it depends on what you mean by Detroit area. Oakland County Int'l (KPTK) has a couple of FBO's for training, and many of the smaller airports in the metro area do, as well.

I did my training in Ann Arbor at the UM Flyers club. They're very reasonably priced, they're replacing their planes with newer, great maintenance, and great training.

As mentioned, Pontiac had several flight schools and it's busy, so you learn early about busy airspace.

[ QUOTE ]
I was actually leaning more to DET, any flight schools there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent you a private message with the only FBO on the field at DET.

If you are an AOPA member, head over to http://www.aopa.org and click on Airport Directory. All the FBO information for every airport is right there. Good luck

I won't go anywhere near Detroit City airport, that place in the ghetto.

I've had experience with Aviation Center in Ann Arbor and they've treated me really well so far. I would recommend Ann Arbor if you can make the drive out.

I've heard the Michigan Flyer's club is excelent also.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Yeah I know DET isn't in the best area of town but I don't mind. Its just I have family in Grosse Point and I am looking into doing some of my ratings in the U.S in the future.

I would head up towards Troy if you're going to be in that area. The city airport isn't too amazingly close to Grosse Point is it? And another airport with a similar drive might be worth it.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Back