Destination 10-20 December?

Blackhawk

My daughter gets off from college for her winter break on 10 December.
She's not a girly girl. Into sports (soccer), hiking, adventure.
My thought is that the loads probably would not be too bad up until the Christmas push, probably about the 20th.
Ideas on locations that do not require a visa?

I like it. Studied in Bayreuth. Maybe I can take her back to my stomping grounds. If I can remember where I was in my drunken haze.... I mean during my studies.

I spent 6 awesome years down in Bad Aibling in middle and high school. Amazing place.

One note. Be wary of the 767-400 coming out of MUC. That thing is often pretty weight restricted due to cargo. I've seen it leave my mom behind despite having 20 seats open. If you have United benefits too, that's a great backup plan. The DL flight leaves first. If that doesn't work, head over to starbucks for the free wifi, book yourself on the United one to IAD, then head on over to the other terminal.

Also ZED fares are a good backup. Not a big deal if you plan ahead, but just something to keep on the radar.

My plan this year was to fly into Zurich on the 20th and then work my way up to Prague and then fly out of Vienna. PBS had other plans though, so that ain't going to happen now.

One note. Be wary of the 767-400 coming out of MUC. That thing is often pretty weight restricted due to cargo. I've seen it leave my mom behind despite having 20 seats open. If you have United benefits too, that's a great backup plan. The DL flight leaves first. If that doesn't work, head over to starbucks for the free wifi, book yourself on the United one to IAD, then head on over to the other terminal.

Also ZED fares are a good backup. Not a big deal if you plan ahead, but just something to keep on the radar.
Don't have United but I'll look at the ZED fares.

That was 30 years ago.
Sorry. Still a bitter taste in my mouth the way they treated service members, no matter how many years have passed.
All the other MAC flights, charters and line fights I've never been treated that bad. Except for the time I was on a flight with the #1 SouthJet FA. She was a piece of work/

Back