Desk Management Software

4EngineETOPS

What software does your company use to manage which flights/tails are on a given desk? Fusion and our flight planning system (and I would assume most others) both have desk features that filter the flights/tails assigned to the user's desk. For us, both programs also have references to automatic assignment of tails/flights to a desk. How do your flight planning system and Fusion/Flight Explorer know which tails/flights are on a given desk? If a tail/flight is moved to a different dispatcher, is it automatically removed from your "desk" in either program? Just curious how other companies do this, as moving flights between dispatchers is a manual process in each program for us.

I would also like any tips and tricks to use with fusion, takeoff/landing, diversion alerts, and any other things that might be helpful. Thank you!

At my airline we use an Excel sheet program to assign flights to desks. It talks with the flight planning software (sometimes) and moves flights to different desks when a user moves a flight to a different desk.

At my airline we use almost exclusively Sabre products (Flight Plan Manager, Movement Control Plot, Flight Explorer)

Desk allocations are done with the plot which talks to FPM (most of the time) as well with passdowns. The normal protocol for passing down flights is to move them through Movement Control Plot which then transfers the flights automatically to the correct desk in FPM and Flight Explorer.

We use Sabre (Dispatch Monitor and Movement Control Plot) at my airline, and we basically have to move each flight over either one by one or multiple at a time to different desks through Dispatch Monitor to set up the desks for the next day. It's a real pain sometimes. It would be nice if it auto-assigned and kept everything even between every ones desk.

We use Sabre (Dispatch Monitor and Movement Control Plot) at my airline, and we basically have to move each flight over either one by one or multiple at a time to different desks through Dispatch Monitor to set up the desks for the next day. It's a real pain sometimes. It would be nice if it auto-assigned and kept everything even between every ones desk.
I thought there was a program for allocating the next day's work with Sabre (To be clear it didn't even them out perfectly but that was pretty easy to fix). Maybe that was just a program written at the regional I was at. Having to move each one sounds like a massive headache.

I thought there was a program for allocating the next day's work with Sabre (To be clear it didn't even them out perfectly but that was pretty easy to fix). Maybe that was just a program written at the regional I was at. Having to move each one sounds like a massive headache.

It isn't great, that's for sure. It can be a pain. Especially when you're halfway done or even completely done with the desks and then someone calls out for the next day. I don't think Sabre puts out any program that does it for you, it's probably a program that each regional may or may not have written themselves to get the job done like you said.

We're using Sabre Dispatch Monitor, Movement Control Plot and WSI Fusion. We've developed our own proprietary software to interact with various other parts of our operation, one is our "white board"/"status board" we use for information, aircraft worthiness, etc. I've actually taken on the project of redesigning and planning that and passed the project over to IT to complete back end development. When fully complete it will directly integrate with the desks and provide a means of vastly automating our passdown process, daily "split" (desk assignment), filtering down aircraft worthiness, reposition and charter flights that are on the users desk, our own version of what is Fusions ATFM tool, among many other things.

Currently our passdowns are done via email and once approved they are manually moved through DM. It's a primitive method in my opinion with a lot of room for error, which is why it was one thing I focused on heavily in the project.

Home built program for asset tracking and tail assignments (which is done by routing).

Flight plan software is a home made GUI with a Jepp Core Engine. Homebuilt alert messenger to notify dispatchers of NOTAMS/TAFS/ACARS/SITA/AFTN, etc.

Flight Explorer for the ASDI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last operation we used NAVBLUE for flight planning. Since we didn’t have too many birds, we we had desks split into regions (generally two desk, Alaska desk and lower 48/Hawaii/Caribbean/South America) desk.

Back