Denver

Mike H

KAPA, KBJC, KBDU, KLMO, KEIK... would even consider KFNL or KCOS

CFI, CFI-I, MEI... other flying job... 135 VFR minimums met, but well short for IFR

Recently lost a big part of my income stream. I can still make the house payment, but that's about it. Need to keep the lights on, food on the table, and keep VISA & Masterard from getting the red-ass.

Good luck... Denver is an EXTREMELY hard nut to crack. It took me over five years of professional aviation to get back here, and that was after giving up on corp/charter positions and heading over to SkyWest. I'm still working on some corp gigs, but am considered low time (by Denver folks) even with 3000 hours, ATP, two type ratings, and several years of charter and corporate turbine experience. Not trying to be a downer, just letting you know about the reality of Denver.

I even got a "Thanks, but we don't need you" from Signature for a $11/hr PT customer service position.

oh... and I found out that Sports Authority won't let you submit an application for them to ignore sooner than 90 days from the last one they ignored. Just in case anybody else on this board gets any ideas.

Not even that great for Liquor Store jobs. Applejack is hiring at $8.50/hr, Full Time. That's $340/week. Somebody remind me; is that better or worse than Great Lakes & Key Lime?

Not even that great for Liquor Store jobs. Applejack is hiring at $8.50/hr, Full Time. That's $340/week. Somebody remind me; is that better or worse than Great Lakes & Key Lime?
Applejacks.....meh. Get a job at Tipsy's, now there is a fine selection of adult beverages.

I am waiting to hear back from a friend who runs a flight school at BJC (Independence Aviation). They just opened up that location and it is starting slow but I believe they were talking about bringing on another CFI. I let you know what I find out when I find out.

Back