Demolition crews arrive to finish off Meigs

montanapilot

AOPA---
Demolition crews arrive to finish off Meigs

Aug. 5 — Tuesday, August 5, 2003, marked the final chapter for Chicago's Meigs Field. The Chicago Tribune reports that demolition crews rolled into the airport at about 6:30 a.m. local to begin the final destruction of that city's lakefront airport.

"The day we had all feared has arrived," lamented AOPA President Phil Boyer. "Until now, many had held onto the slimmest of hopes that the airport could still be saved. Now there's no denying that [Chicago Mayor Richard M.] Daley has gotten his way. Meigs is no more. But no one can deny that AOPA and other Meigs supporters fought a valiant fight to save it."

AOPA still has complaints pending with the FAA and the Illinois Department of Transportation over the way in which Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley closed the runway, in the middle of the night with no notice to any federal authority. But the FAA complaint is languishing in the agency's legal department. And all that either complaint would accomplish is a slap-on-the-wrist fine against the city.

And on Capitol Hill, AOPA backed efforts by Congress to make sure nothing like the midnight raid can happen again. The "Meigs Legacy" portion of the FAA Reauthorization bill would slap stiff $10,000/day fines on any airport sponsor who closes an airport with less than the required notice.

I dont even want to start
mad.gif

Yeah Josh. That would be great
laugh.gif

Actually Id like to borrow a manure spreader and cover that sob's house with S#$T. Sorry about the language. Just makes me mad when Ignorant bastards get away with stuff like that.
mad.gif
mad.gif

To end on a good note I saved alot on car insurance by switching to Geico. Sorry that commercial is just driving me nuts, its on all the time.
smile.gif

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
To end on a good note I saved alot on car insurance by switching to Geico. Sorry that commercial is just driving me nuts, its on all the time.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, while we're at it...might as well go on & spread manure over the house of the person who thought of that commercial...better yet..the person who allows that commercial to continuosly air on tv.

I say we just bulldoze the @ssholes house," for the sake of national security of course". If he just wouldve givin a two month warning so everyone could have at least one chance to land there. UGH Im so pissed over this, if I ever get my viper slot I am soooo pickling some bombs way off target
shocked.gif
. are there still some links around to flame this kid??

Back