Delta's 'Song'?

travis_az

Delta\'s \'Song\'?

So in struggeling market place, Delta may be starting a Jet Blue competitor.. possibly called Song.. My question is, why not put resources into Delta's current success?
Thoughts Doug?

Re: Delta\'s \'Song\'?

I was just loggin on to ask the same thing. CNN says it is going to replace Delta Express. Is Delta Express ASA/Commair? This is news to me. It would be interesting to see where this is going. Is this part of the reason the DFW baseis closing? Farming out routes to "Song"? I too would be interested in Doug's thoughts.

From what I heard the name of the new airline is supposed to be "JetSet." Sounds a lot better than Song!

Disregard my last post... it seems the name of the new airline really is "Song." I don't personally like it very much but perhaps it will grow on me.
crazy.gif

ASA, Comair, et al are Delta Connection. DeltaExpress was Delta's attempt at a low-cost version of itself, serving primarily the Florida market in older 737s (if I'm not mistaken). From what I've read, the new Delta low-cost carrier entry, whatever it's called, will be flying single-class 757s.

It's official.. the new carrier will be named "Song." Read about it here: Delta's new airline selects 'Song'

I, too, am wondering where Delta is going to find the funding for something like this. It isn't like money comes easy in the airline world. We'll just have to wait and see what happens though.

Its amazing that all the years of college represented at Delta and the best thing they can come up with is "Song". Guess they wanted Jazz and Tango but the canadians already had those!
smile.gif

As bad as the name is though, i think that they fact that its not Delta XXXX will help sell the fact that it is a "new" airline and a lowfare competitor.

Well, Delta does love GA Tech and Auburn grads!

SONG???? Intellegently put, that name SUCKS!!!

Speaking of Song, does anyone have a link to that classic (fake) commercial???

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Song, does anyone have a link to that classic (fake) commercial???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are a few renditions of it but here is one of them.

Ghetto Delta

Back