Delta

EMBpilot

I wonder what's the latest?
Selling 11 airplanes and 250 pilot recalls? Those types of news don't usually go together. Are the recalls still in effect?
Thank you.

Recalls start showing up on campus this week I believe. We're junking some MD-11's, but we're also bringing in some jets out of the desert.

[ QUOTE ]
huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, Recalls start showing up on campus this week I believe. We're junking some MD-11's, but we're also bringing in some jets out of the desert.

[ QUOTE ]
huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Delta has recalled a lot of their furloghed pilots, they're getting rid of their McDonnel Douglas MD-11 aircraft, but bringing some others out of storage.

[ QUOTE ]
gotta love the "same thing but different verbage" topics! hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]I really enjoy those threads where people use different words to express the same ideas.

huh?

I really enjoy those threads where people use different words to express the same ideas.

<-sarcasm

Not really 'alot' per se, but only about 250 out of 1300 or so.

Thanks ya'll.
Doug, any word on the numbers/type of those planes from the dessert?
Hopefully the recalls will continue..
I heard CoEx recalling all and CAL some too. To retrain by Spring 04.

I *think* it might be the rest of the 737-200's and some 767's.

MDPilot, another forum user, is probably doing his "Recall Indoc" training as we speak and probably will have more information once he gets back.

I owe him megabeers for hanging out around the forums during his involuntary hiatus and helping me answer questions and such.

Actually, I do recall indoc on 5 Dec, so no info yet. A buddy of mine did call me and said that one of the daily flights to/from JAN (where I live) and ATL will lose it's post-911 RJ and go back to a MD-88 on 1 Jan. Maybe it's a trend?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I do recall indoc on 5 Dec, so no info yet. A buddy of mine did call me and said that one of the daily flights to/from JAN (where I live) and ATL will lose it's post-911 RJ and go back to a MD-88 on 1 Jan. Maybe it's a trend?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope so! But then again I've been known to be over optimistic about this industry. It's great you're getting recalled, I wish everybody's furloughs were nothing but a distant memory!

I know the other day they sent ship 106 to the desert. Doesnt make much since for a 767-200 to sit but who knows.

Back