Delta

Easy now! Externals might not have their widget worship up to snuff after being indoctrinated outside of the holy land that is ATL. They are really going out on a ledge here.

... apparently my widget worship wasn't up to par. Only took them half a year to figure out that I'm an atheist.

lol, why's everyone so down on Delta and the internal hiring?
Just my 2 cents because I'm salty that they wasted my time and I won't be applying again (LOL) - it's because most of us didn't get dispatcher's certificates to wait around working internally as baggage handlers or crew schedulers to maybe get a shot one day working as actual dispatchers making decent money with Delta. We don't have the sort of fortitude and dogmatism to worship the widget in the way they'd like.

There are so many dispatchers in this community with actual, real-world experience working in a fast-paced environment who are brilliant that Delta won't even look at. All the while they still claim to be the best and hire the best.

Just my 2 cents because I'm salty that they wasted my time and I won't be applying again (LOL) - it's because most of us didn't get dispatcher's certificates to wait around working internally as baggage handlers or crew schedulers to maybe get a shot one day working as actual dispatchers making decent money with Delta. We don't have the sort of fortitude and dogmatism to worship the widget in the way they'd like.

There are so many dispatchers in this community with actual, real-world experience working in a fast-paced environment who are brilliant that Delta won't even look at. All the while they still claim to be the best and hire the best.

They didn’t get their dispatch licenses to sit around and throw bags.

No. They sat around and threw bags while drinking gallons of Blue Kult-Aid and Delta said, “Hey! Do we have a deal for you!”

On the rare occasion that a dammned dirty external sneaks in, they’re treated like red-headed stepchildren unless they immediately submit to the teachings of CE Woolman.

But what if you can recite the sandwich board at Spondivits in reverse order while making a convincing case that the boll weevil was the true reason for Delta's birth rather than any demand for passenger service out of Monroe, LA? Damned dirty external or anointed brethren?

But what if you can recite the sandwich board at Spondivits in reverse order while making a convincing case that the boll weevil was the true reason for Delta's birth rather than any demand for passenger service out of Monroe, LA? Damned dirty external or anointed brethren?
It will all be for naught if you refer to them as Delta Airlines. I once heard someone refer to Spondivits as "Spondivitis"... intentionally. Still makes me laugh.

I once completed the entire Spondivits shot list and dated a couple waitresses. That didn’t help at all.

I take it they won't be posting again this fall after filling those additional spots. We'll see what happens in the new year I guess.

I heard from a friend at DL. Class of 7 only 2 internals. Seems like the delta Dx internals are drying up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

True, but they're not designed to. That's on us, the unwashed heathens, trying to get into the major/legacy of our dreams. Or not. Some of us may be perfectly happy slinging RJs on FWA milk runs all day. Maybe firing 767s in an all cargo configuration around the world gets ya going. 757 Combis on DoD trips to the sandbox?

Point being that there is an entire world of dispatching goodness that doesn't involve praying there's enough gas left to get you New Chitose after PASY takes a dump and Pedro is circling the bowl..

Benefits that don't help experienced 121 dispatchers obtain a major/legacy position.

Last edited:
Back