Delta wins Technology Award (Doogie's famous!)

tonyw

Delta wins Technology Award (Doogie\'s famous!)

Washington, D.C.--Air Transport World magazine, the leading monthly magazine covering the global airline industry, selected Australian carrier Qantas as its Airline of the Year for 2004. The editors praised “the carrier’s relentless focus on excellence in the air combined with leanness and flexibility on the ground.”

ATW Editorial Director J.A. Donoghue added: “Any airline that can increase profits during the Asian Currency Crisis and remain profitable after 9/11 and last year’s SARS outbreak is certainly made of the right stuff.”

Other award winners include Chautauqua, selected as ATW’s Regional Airline of the Year. The Indianapolis-based regional partner of American, Delta and US Airways was cited for its ability to remain profitable since 2000 while its traffic since 1999 grew more than 900%.

Singapore Airlines received the Passenger Service Award. ATW’s editors said, “In an age in which airlines are delivering less and less service, Singapore Airlines never stops reaching for the skies, always on the lookout for new ways to satisfy its customers.”

Siberia Airlines received ATW’s Market Leadership Award. ATW editors said the Russian carrier “used Western business tools of merger, acquisition and partnership” to become the largest domestic airline in Russia, and second largest overall in the country.

Delta Air Lines of Atlanta received ATW’s Airline Technology Leadership Award for the work its Delta Technology subsidiary has done completely re-inventing the airline’s technology infrastructure, creating its instant-access Delta Nervous System.

Donoghue also noted the technological prowress of some of Delta's employees. "There's a MD-88 first officer for Delta who knows more about computer operations than some kids with computer engineering degrees from MIT do. Doug Taylor deserves a lot of credit for forcing his corporate IT department to keep pace with him.

grin.gif

Aer Lingus, the Irish flag carrier based in Dublin, was picked to be the first recipient of the new ATW Phoenix Award, presented to an airline that has successfully left behind an old, failing business model to reinvent itself as a low-fare airline more likely to survive in today’s brutal airline markets.

Re: Delta wins Technology Award (Doogie\'s famous!)

Schweeeeeeeet.

[/cartmanvoice]

(edit: Bah ... foiled again!)

Huh?!

[ QUOTE ]
Huh?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me think this is a joke?
grin.gif
shocked.gif

I'm really confused.

Ahh, a joke! I get it now!

How about more hints that it's a joke next time, Tony
tongue.gif

Anyway, still, 3 cheers for Doug!

Sorry, guys. I figured the smiley and the italics on the part that I made up would have been enough.

It was all in good fun and I hope you all got a good chuckle out of it.

Back