Delta-West

But if the DAL+NWA carrier combined the west coast feed of Alaska, I'm afraid that it would be a juggernaut. Owning the Pacific, Owning the Atlantic and being able to feed it all in house Sick man, I'm telling you.

This is why *i think* CAL and UAL are going to team up. Then you will have two airlines owning the Atlantic and Pacific.

This is why *i think* CAL and UAL are going to team up. Then you will have two airlines owning the Atlantic and Pacific.

CAL already went after UAL. Saw something in their book that they REALLY didnt like, and pulled the plug on the deal. Maybe the whole Star alliance thing is a back door into 'subsidizing UALs recovery' by buying assets like the NRT hub, 777s and some LHR slots. Other than that I don;t see a merger between them for a looooooong time.

CAL I think is also a strong contender that will do something to firm up their presence in this new marketplace. They do very well in the Atlantic and have a crew base in Guam with very lucrative flying out there.

Back