Delta union talks could hinge on Obama appointment

Nice first post. . .welcome to jetcareers.

Actually, the tax policy of one of the candidates has not changed. That is, everyone who earns less than 250,000 married will see a reduction in income tax rates, and individual who earn 200,000 single will see a reduction in income tax rates.

Also, if you haven't noticed already - people who do not pay into the income tax system (as screwed up as it is) have already been able to get quality of life benefits for many many decades. Nothing any of the two candidates stated would bring benefits to those who are not already able to have them.

I don't think anyone was being bribed.
Just ignore what the people you keep quoting are talking about. I'm sure no one will notice you refuse to address Obama's additional refund checks to people who don't pay taxes. Right out of the politician handbook...when something makes you look bad just spin spin spin and pretend the question was never asked.

Oh, REFUND checks to people who don't pay taxes.

See, now that's significantly different than people who do not contribute via income taxes to programs for low-income families (WIC, etc).

We wouldn't want to speak of specifics, just broad generalizations and allow everyone to make their own determination right?

Also, notice I'm not trying to make a determination of if the policies are right or wrong - not my place. I'd rather analyze how people project their opinions and at times anger towards such policies.

First off, I would like to apologize for the massive drift from the original topic I have helped to accomplish.

Actually, the tax policy of one of the candidates has not changed. That is, everyone who earns less than 250,000 married will see a reduction in income tax rates, and individual who earn 200,000 single will see a reduction in income tax rates. (Well, 1 candidate said 250, his vice presidential candidate said 150, and a high ranking governor in the party said 120, so while the original candidate has not changed positions, several others in his party have)

Also, if you haven't noticed already - people who do not pay into the income tax system (as screwed up as it is) have already been able to get quality of life benefits for many many decades. Nothing any of the two candidates stated would bring benefits to those who are not already able to have them.

I don't think anyone was being bribed.

Oh, REFUND checks to people who don't pay taxes.

See, now that's significantly different than people who do not contribute via income taxes to programs for low-income families (WIC, etc). (Handing them cash is significantly different than handing them groceries)

We wouldn't want to speak of specifics, just broad generalizations and allow everyone to make their own determination right?

Also, notice I'm not trying to make a determination of if the policies are right or wrong - not my place. I'd rather analyze how people project their opinions and at times anger towards such policies. (I have no anger toward Obama, in fact I hope he can lead our country through a really crappy time. I may have my doubts, but I definitely don't hope for failure. All the people that voted for him who think they're going to be getting a handout are going to be sorely disappointed. He is not going to be able to turn the country around in 4 years and put any money in their pockets. His radical tax and health plan will not pass congress and in 4 years we will be in the same spot with a slightly better economy (recessions don't last forever). Anyways, here's to hoping the best for us as we both work for the same airline.

Back