Delta to pick colgan's Q?

mjb00123

Not to take a stab at XJT guys, but with XJT out of the picture does anybody think that Delta will get into heavy talks with PNL/Colgan for those Q options that we have? :bandit:

Given the current level of animosity b/w PCL and Delta, I'd say it's a snowball's chance in hell of Delta giving another contract to Pinnacle Holdings.

Not to take a stab at XJT guys, but with XJT out of the picture does anybody think that Delta will get into heavy talks with PNL/Colgan for those Q options that we have? :bandit:

This industry is ever changing. You just never know who may be in talks with who. I'm sure Colgan will find somewhere for those Q options to go. BTW, when is it you can recieve those?

This industry is ever changing. You just never know who may be in talks with who. I'm sure Colgan will find somewhere for those Q options to go. BTW, when is it you can recieve those?

Colgan cannot take delivery until 3rd or 4th quarter of 09'. Pretty much a lifetime in this business.

-Rob

Comair yes, Colgan NO.

I think i responded to one of your posts in another thread regarding comair. Comair is losing large amounts of flying starting in september and continuing on a monthly basis after that. We are parking airplanes and furloughs are likely.
The ceo did say in a conference call that the q400 is a good airplane in today's environment but the aquisition costs were far to high for comair/delta to consider buying them.
If delta did decide to purchase them you can bet that that comair would be last place they would be flown. Comair is nothing more than the reserve airline in the DCI mix. Easy to shrink and easy to fill in small gaps when needed.

I think i responded to one of your posts in another thread regarding comair. Comair is losing large amounts of flying starting in september and continuing on a monthly basis after that. We are parking airplanes and furloughs are likely.
The ceo did say in a conference call that the q400 is a good airplane in today's environment but the aquisition costs were far to high for comair/delta to consider buying them.
If delta did decide to purchase them you can bet that that comair would be last place they would be flown. Comair is nothing more than the reserve airline in the DCI mix. Easy to shrink and easy to fill in small gaps when needed.

Perhaps. But wasnt it just last week they were hiring 400? Then when Freedom/Pinnacle did not lose the flyng now Comair has stopped hiring? I'm pretty confident in saying Comair had plans for the Pinnacle/Freedom flying to be theirs if it was going to be lost. Also last I talked to a fairly JR FO buddy of mine at Comair he had flown every day while on Reserve. Started after me and has more time then me in an RJ. So i dunno. I know we have more senior guys here who are at Comair perhaps they can place some input.

Given the current level of animosity b/w PCL and Delta, I'd say it's a snowball's chance in hell of Delta giving another contract to Pinnacle Holdings.

I dont necessarily agree. If it was that bad, they wouldnt have given us another shot at it.

I don't want to start anything and I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked yet, but...

2 days after DAL told PNCL to take a hike. Colgan officials were meeting in ATL with the president of the Delta Connection brand. True story, heard it right from management.

They didn't say what they were talking about and I don't expect anything to come of it, but they did talk.

Discuss.

I dont necessarily agree. If it was that bad, they wouldnt have given us another shot at it.

After reading what Ken posted on the other sight from the SEC filing (aka the "can't lie or misrepresent the truth" document), I'm reconsidering that it MAY be a possibility. Curious that we're "losing the Delta flying," yet they've got a nifty little schedule of when we're adding -900s for Delta on the SEC filing.

Things not so rosy on the Colgan side of the filing. The "F word" is mentioned, but so is finding homes for the other Q400 options. Hmmm.

I don't want to start anything and I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked yet, but...

2 days after DAL told PNCL to take a hike. Colgan officials were meeting in ATL with the president of the Delta Connection brand. True story, heard it right from management.

They didn't say what they were talking about and I don't expect anything to come of it, but they did talk.

Discuss.

If I was told to screw off I would want to meet with the president of Delta Connection too!

Back