Delta to Close CVG "C" Concourse

H46Bubba

Told ya it was coming!;) I'm guessing this also is the indication of Delta slowly removing mailine flights from CVG.

From Deltanet:
Today we are announcing a significant step toward improving the customer experience for all customers traveling through the Cincinnati hub. Effective this January, Delta will relocate all Delta Connection flights currently operated at Concourse C to Concourses A and B where customers will have improved access to jet bridges at gates, Delta Crown Room Clubs and other tools such as kiosks and helpline phone banks to ensure that the flying experience is consistent when transiting Cincinnati via Delta or Delta Connection flights.
These changes are consistent with plans being implemented across the system to ensure we deliver on our 2008 Flight Plan goal of delivering a Delta Connection experience equal to that of mainline. Customers tell us that they expect their flights – whether on Delta Connection or Delta – to be consistent from booking to boarding to onboard snacks to schedule reliability. Eliminating ground-level boarding and bus transfers to and from flights in Cincinnati will mark a major milestone in our efforts to bring more consistency to the Delta Connection experience.
We have already begun work with the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport to add at least 11 new passenger loading bridges and other passenger handling improvements on Concourses A and B that ultimately will eliminate all ground-level boarding of Delta Connection flights and will eliminate passenger bussing between Concourses B and C. The transition to all-covered boarding will occur over the next 2-3 years while Delta bus transfers will cease in January when Delta Connection operations are moved from Concourse C.
There will be no impact to Delta employment at the hub as a result of the closure of Concourse C as mainline employees will continue to handle all ticketing and mainline flight arrivals and departures. Comair employees currently handling flights at Concourse C will be moved to Concourses A and B to handle all Delta Connection departures. Any adjustment in staffing for Comair employees as a result of this move will be handled through attrition or through the company’s voluntary programs.
It also is important to note that the transition of Concourse C operations to Concourses A and B will not directly result in additional schedule changes as this move is made possible largely by schedule changes previously completed or announced in response to record-high fuel costs.
Cincinnati has long been a customer-preferred hub because of its track record for on-time flights and hassle-free connections. We are confident that the steps we’re taking to make the Delta Connection experience in Cincinnati more consistent with our mainline service will only further this reputation. We appreciate the work that will be completed in the coming months by our professionals in Cincinnati to ensure that this transition is successful.

Oh, hack the clock on the CVG hub. DTW's right up the street!

They just bought a couple brand new buses too. If they don't relocate QDoba it will be the final straw. Im out...:sarcasm:

Well....they can leave that lousy ice cream place at concourse C.

Me: Hi, how are you? Can I have a vanilla cone?

Him: Uuuuhhhh. Aaaarooo?

me: Yes, a vanilla cone, please.

him: Bwaaaaauuuuuuuuh uh uh.

me: [pointing at the ice cream] This one.

him: Gehhhhh huh. [slowly shuffles to the strawberry flavor and points at it.]

Me: No no. The other one. Yes I see you found the strawberry. That's nice. Now find the vanilla. No, not a coke. No not a shake. Yes....er no. Put the cup down. And the bottle too. Good. Good.

Him: Mmm hmmmm moowah ha ha.

me: Do you speak English?

him: gummmmp ????

Me: Parle vous English? Habla usted English? Spracken ze English? Parla English? Fala English?

him: huh uh......arrrufffff

Me: nevermind

Delta will add 11 jet bridges to both terminals i.e. restore inactive jetways back to service or replace them with new ones. I hope Delta spruces up the A concourse while they're at it. It needs it pretty bad.:rolleyes:

There's a Burrito 360 on B and I think a Qdoba on A

There is no Qdoba on A, I know this because it seems that every trip we have a 3 hour sit at CVG and our soon to be non-existence crew room is in A, and I know about the Burrito 360 in B but have yet to try it. Maybe tomorrow I will give it a shot.

Me: No no. The other one. Yes I see you found the strawberry. That's nice. Now find the vanilla. No, not a coke. No not a shake. Yes....er no. Put the cup down. And the bottle too. Good. Good.

Me: Parle vous English? Habla usted English? Spracken ze English? Parla English? Fala English?

Is that in reference to CVG or MIA?

My side now hurts from laughter, thank you very much.

If you go to 360 burrito, make sure you have LOTS of time...same scenario.

Taylor, are you aware the DFW computer "chairs" are in CVG? Where those chairs goes, the base will close!

It will remain an Embraer base IMO.

There is no Qdoba on A, I know this because it seems that every trip we have a 3 hour sit at CVG and our soon to be non-existence crew room is in A, and I know about the Burrito 360 in B but have yet to try it. Maybe tomorrow I will give it a shot.

Don't do it, Bro . . . it's nothing like the Q. :(

On the other hand, there can be no more :45 turns with a plane swap from A26 to C34!!!:p

A/T

On the other hand, there can be no more :45 turns with a plane swap from A26 to C34!!!:p

I've never met you in Vegas yet but judging from your posts you're gonna puke when you see this autothrottles crap!

Re: A/T

I've never met you in Vegas yet but judging from your posts you're gonna puke when you see this autothrottles crap!

:p You're probably right! It won't take me long to find new ways to "break" them. I"m sure they can be MEL'd.;)

Re: A/T

C was absolutely dead today at around 1:30.

After one out and back, at about 3:30 the place was packed.

I didn't try it, couldn't bring myself to do it.

Congrats on the 170 deal, no more commute. But remember us little guys. Don't look down on me or expect me to throw your bags into the van. :)

Back