Delta survivor benefits

Mikeyt1115

Hello there!
My uncle works for delta and I'm his travel companion. We found out that surviving spouses and domestic partners get survivor benefits in the event of the employee's death. What we're trying to figure out is how we get me registered as a survivor in case he passes away. He has no children and is single. Any info on how to go about doing that would be awesome! Thanks!

That may not be enough. Travel benefits for spouses and domestic partners are covered by different statues than just a travel companion, even if related. All the info is on the DeltaNet.

In general, you can't. There are legal status requirements that move a travel companion to domestic partner and I'd guess you won't be able to meet them.

So, I looked it up. Bad news. Only spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children get pass benefits after the employee/retiree dies. Sorry.

I did find where an eligible pass rider’s remains will be transported free.

So, I looked it up. Bad news. Only spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children get pass benefits after the employee/retiree dies. Sorry.

2doq7o.jpg

I got two options for you, you can marry our uncle, or have him adopt you.

Marry only, I guess. Dependent children is under 19, or 24 if enrolled in an accredited school. Either way, at 25, goes away.

Back