Delta recall?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
smile.gif

Yes Delta announced the other day that they are going to recall 250 pilots. I think the break down is 45 this month and next and the all by the end of the year. Doug posted that Delta is having 280 retire this month. 70 normal retirements and 210 early ones. Wish I could leave also.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes Delta announced the other day that they are going to recall 250 pilots. I think the break down is 45 this month and next and the all by the end of the year. Doug posted that Delta is having 280 retire this month. 70 normal retirements and 210 early ones. Wish I could leave also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the final number was more than 300, but I can't remember where I referenced that at.

I did, however, eat more retirement cake in the pilot lounge than I have in my entire career.

[ QUOTE ]
I did, however, eat more retirement cake in the pilot lounge than I have in my entire career.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure someone could make some sort of Management/Marie Antoinette crack with that line ...
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure someone could make some sort of Management/Marie Antoinette crack with that line ...
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought of that, but how appropriate!

[ QUOTE ]
I think the final number was more than 300, but I can't remember where I referenced that at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I heard that it's not all good news with these recalls. I heard that the folks being recalled are being put on some kind of indefinite reserve status and that Delta doesn't actually have to have them fly until traffic gets to pre-9/11 levels.

Once they do that, Delta will just give routes to their feeders. Or so the conspiracy theory goes.

That is what I heard from someone who doesn't work for Delta, so they may not know what the hell they are talking about. Can you clear that up, Doug?

Re: So Doug....

[ QUOTE ]
How long will it be until we can start calling you Capt?

[/ QUOTE ]

A long, long, long time. Say about 5,000 hours from now?

I should have made it clearer in my post. I heard this from someone who doesn't work for Delta so his information may be way wrong.

The pre-9/11 travel levels have to do with revenue produced per seat mile levels that will trigger the recall of the remaining furloughs. This provision was part of the so-called 'force majure 1' grievance that DALPA won. The arbitrator at that time said that the furloughs are in violation of the pilots no-furlough clause, and any more furloughs must stop immediately. He then ruled that recalls must begin when seat mile revenue hits a certain number, I've forgotten now what that number is, but it's like what traffic was like in 2000, which was a record banner year for the airlines. It's going to be a long time before traffic hits those levels again. The recall that is happening now is for the 250 pilots who were furloughed based on the company delcaring a 'war emergency' and invoking 'force majure' again to furlough more pilots (force majure 2). A war emergency for a war that was no suprise to anyone, and absolute bogus to furlough because of. I don't know of anymore than the 250 being recalled, however I can say that there are some guys who are deferring their recall because they've got a better deal going right now, and would rather wait until things improve. So the company may have started recalling farther 'up the ladder'. Of that I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure that there is no special reserve status being created for the recall-ees.
My husband is a DL pilot and I hear sometimes more than I want to about what is going on! If I'm wrong in any of my info, please correct me
smile.gif

What Delta has actually said they are going to do with the FMII guys is:
1) Recall 45 on Oct 1, train on 737-200, then fly normal (or reserve) lines.
2) Recall 45 on Nov 1 (supposedly, obviously no letters have gone out yet for the required 30 day notice) and leave unassigned to aircraft ie; do not train them, then pay them 727 Flt Eng pay at the reserve minimum each month.
3) Recall the remaining 160 on Dec 1, with the same status as the Nov 1 guys.

As far as bypassing recall, that is an individual decision,if a pilot feels he is doing better in his post-furlough job, then he is within his rights to bypass recall, but he cannot accept recall again unless another recall or new hire class is going on. From what I understand, the company is also offering recall on Oct 1 to the pilots furloughed in 1993 or so, who have bypassed recall in the subsequent years. Probably none will accept, most went to FedEx and UPS since then.

[ QUOTE ]
What Delta has actually said they are going to do with the FMII guys is:
2) Recall 45 on Nov 1 (supposedly, obviously no letters have gone out yet for the required 30 day notice) and leave unassigned to aircraft ie; do not train them, then pay them 727 Flt Eng pay at the reserve minimum each month. .

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no more 727s or FEs there, but still a 727FE payscale?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]There's no more 727s or FEs there, but still a 727FE payscale?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't make this interpretation of the contract, Delta did! Unfortunately, they say it is a valid payscale in the contract, so that is what they are going to pay.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]There's no more 727s or FEs there, but still a 727FE payscale?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't make this interpretation of the contract, Delta did! Unfortunately, they say it is a valid payscale in the contract, so that is what they are going to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly wasn't knocking you; I just found the irony entertaining.
smile.gif

Doug be careful of that retirement cake. If its like the ones they give the ramp guys full of sweet bull...haha. I have noticed though that the cakes are getting smaller with each retirement. I figure by the time I retire in 20 yrs it might be a doughnut if I am lucky.

Back