Delta Pilot's Brilliant CEO sticker!

Re: Delta Pilot\'s Brilliant CEO sticker!

Geez, that is quite a high base price. If I really want one I guess I can go get a $3 shirt at Wally World and print my own iron on transfer at home.
smile.gif

yup! i dunno how to make an iron-on transfer.. jetcareers one that is... i know how to iron them on but that's really about it! hahaha
grin.gif

Well you can just print them off on your computer. You buy iron on transfer paper made for the computer, print your pic in mirror image mode, and iron on.
laugh.gif
I have done it a few times for tote bags, so I'll have to try it for a shirt. See you should just skip this cafe whatever place and print them at home lol.

Doug I am going to get one and put one on my bag tug to ride around ATL.

[ QUOTE ]

Med, you're sounding a tad bitter again man!

And it was never UAL+$1, it was UAL-plus.

And HELL YEAH I want to keep UAL-plus!

This job is not easy. It by no means is a 4 day happy hour with layover's in CDG, LGW and JFK. Whether or not the general public can handle the truth, the only thing keeping 142 passengers in a burning heap of molten aluminum strewn across the Great Plains are professionally trained and professionally compensated flight crews.

I work my ass off and I expect to be fully compensated commensurate with my skill, sacrifice and professionalism.

Dare to tell your dentist, while you're having dental work done, that he's overpaid. Dare ya!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its kind of funny how you bash other peoples pay, but you get all offended when someone dare questions your pay.

If you want to use drama queen rhetoric, I guess Leo could follow you and say, "Whether or not the pilots can handle the truth, the only thing keeping Delta from bankruptcy are professionally educated and professionally compensated executives."

[ QUOTE ]
Whether or not the pilots can handle the truth, the only thing keeping Delta from bankruptcy are professionally educated and professionally compensated executives."

[/ QUOTE ]

How much $$$ did Delta lose in the last few years thanks to those execs?

Just curious.

How much training did Leo have to go through and how many LIVES is he personablyresponisble for in a given day?

Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - is worth the money he's making.

I could care less if the man has an MBA, Ph.D., J.D., M.D. or and STD - it's rediculous for any CEO to take the conscessions that Leo took, then turn around and demand those under him take pay cuts.

I have an uncle who is the President/CEO of a corporation HE FOUNDED which owns 14 subsidiaries throughout the world.

In the present economy, his business is hurting. Unfortunately, he had to ask his employees to take time off - without pay.

However - the man also cut his own salary - in half.

Leo doesn't seem to be that caliber of individual.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess Leo could follow you and say, "Whether or not the pilots can handle the truth, the only thing keeping Delta from bankruptcy are professionally educated and professionally compensated executives."

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you mean the execs like Ken Lay, Bernie Ebbers, Dennis Kozlowski, et al?

Here's some food for thought. Who's the most important and powerful person in the world? Probably the President of the United States, right?

He oversees an employer of millions. He has the power to destroy the world, literally, in his hands. His decisions affect pretty much everyone in the world.

Yet he gets $400K a year.

So why does any CEO think he's worth more than that?

What amazes me is how the board of Delta can pay someone that much money and live with themselves. Its ubsurd. I realize you pay big money for talented people but just how talented is he? What has he done for Delta that warrants his salary?

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to use drama queen rhetoric, I guess Leo could follow you and say, "Whether or not the pilots can handle the truth, the only thing keeping Delta from bankruptcy are professionally educated and professionally compensated executives."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MedFlyer
Brand New User
Reged: Mar 28 2003

[/ QUOTE ]

=

Trolling.
smirk.gif

The bottomline is simply this:

Greedy sleazeballs like Mullin will come and go, however the future of pilots at DAL are far more tied to the company's future success. If the pilots want to make a stand and refuse pay cuts because of Leo's pay, they have every right to do so. However in the end, the pilots have the most to lose if DL has a non-competitive cost structure.

[ QUOTE ]
I just think its kind of funny how you bash other peoples pay, but you get all offended when someone dare questions your pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as I know - doug doesn't bash other people's pay unless it's the upper management who asks for pilot concessions after they take out 6 to 7 figure retirement and bonus's twice a year and so forth....does that really make financial business sense? hell no... if they want want concessions - they need to take a look at themselves financially and take a paycut themselves - but they have not even attempted that yet nor have they offered to give back the retirement stipend they stole FROM the company coffers...

lemme tell you this and you take it for what it is... the only thing that keeps delta from bankrupcy are the people who work for it - in the trenches .. without the professionally educated & professionally compensated pilots, mechanics, flight attendant, baggage handlers, ramp agents, ticket agents, schedulers, hr representatives, accountants and so forth (believe it or not - they are all educated in their job duties and they should all be compensated equally for such services/duties) that company would go down...

Upper mgmt couldn't fill a bus and drive it on his own even if he wanted to cuz it takes too many "team members" to make it happen... and yet all the team members EXCEPT for upper management are getting the shaft - BIG TIME! what's upper management getting for xmas - probably another 6 figure bonus because they were able to lower their operating costs and just because they can...

and of course Doug gets offended - as do I... I'm the other half of the household and I'm the one that sees just how hard he works, how tired he is when he comes home, how often he is gone, the stories behind the flights and having to deal with john q public and how much taxes are taken out of each check - so on and so forth... for the upper management guys to come and ask us (because i'm part of this too) to take a paycut to "help out the company" when they themselves don't offer to "help out the company" - is an absolute insult to both me and my husband. doug and I feel bad for anyone whose had to dip into their own pockets when the upper management guru's cry and whine because if they don't lower their operating costs - they won't get a bonus...

that is just [explicative deleted] up if you ask me.

Doug's worked all his life (for that matter, many pilots have) and has spent a lot of money to get to where he is today and that to me totally justifies his compensation!! you put Leo or the CFO or whatever upper management person you want in front of john q public trying to explain why the plane is late getting in... why there are no snacks...how long it'll take to get to the destination...sit down and shut up... and then get them into the cockpit and see if they can even get the baby taxi-ing (after going thru the checklist, meeting the new F/A's and going thru the whole takeoff rundown)... about that time - they'd turn around and say: 4 days of dealing with the moody public, mechanical problems, takeoff and landing with 8 hrs off (5 hrs of sleep cuz it takes 2 hrs to ramp down, 1 hr to ramp up) - yeah, your compensation is where it should be....

[ QUOTE ]
the pilots have the most to lose if DL has a non-competitive cost structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain that... how would the pilots lose out if their cost structure is higher than the other guys? they're not switching companies and they're standing up for the right of "equal compensation". as far as i understand it - the other airlines are in trouble because their execs made the wrong move, bad decisions or took too much bonus to line their own pockets - the employees themselves didn't make those decisions, yet their the ones who have to take the cut for the "better of the company"... as far as i can tell - delta's doing just fine and the only reason the uppers want compensation is so they can "say" their competitive... when actually - the other airlines need to come back up to delta's stature when it comes to pilot pay....

i mean when you think about it - why is delta paying six figure retirement to a CEO that was outted years ago?? did that guy deserve to get that amount of compensation after what he did to the "delta family" and the delta bottom line - and better yet - does he deserve it FOR LIFE??? don't think so - couldn't they cut that off and put that extra money into the company without taking from it's employees pockets to line their own??

when it comes to the contract in 2005 - if doug has to go picket or hand out informational stuff, i'll be out there doing it with him cuz they're constantly getting the sh**ty end of the deal since john q public doesn't understand and upper management makes it look like it's all the pilots fault - which obviously, it's not...

[ QUOTE ]
Greedy sleazeballs like Mullin will come and go, however the future of pilots at DAL are far more tied to the company's future success. If the pilots want to make a stand and refuse pay cuts because of Leo's pay, they have every right to do so. However in the end, the pilots have the most to lose if DL has a non-competitive cost structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

=

Backpedaling.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - is worth the money he's making.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on. After a certain point, more money is basically worthless. You get to the point where you can't spend it all. What are you going to do, buy a country? That's true whether the pay is for a CEO, athlete, rock star, movie star, whatever.

Poll!

Here's something creative:

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://jetcareers.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1068220673Doug Taylor">

MedFlyer - User or Some Guy Trolling for a Flame War?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />He's a Troll!
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Nah, just a regular guy!
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Re: Poll!

should put "upper management" on your poll - cuz that's what it sounds like to me...

What exactly is a "troll" anyways??

Dude ... get out from under the bridge once in awhile.
cool.gif

For clarification:

A troll is someone who - when they post - only posts things that are sure to illicit a hostile response. I.E. Someone is "trolling" for an argument. A sure sign it's a troll is a low post count, a history of "inflamatory" posts and lots of drool. However a troll is not to be confused with a tool. A tool is someone who is, essentially, just a clueless bafoon. Illustrations follow.

A tool:
jacket1_lrg.jpg

A troll:
troll.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Since I am such a troll, I might as well post this for you guys:

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B954AA053%2DF953%2D43F3%2DBBC8%2D63D351A3BF2A%7D&amp;siteid=mktw

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ten most overpaid jobs in the U.S."

Umm...Interesting article. The author, in the first couple of paragraphs, excuses $10 Million-a-movie actors from scrutiny because there are "thousands" of actors waiting tables. Apparently, all the waiters bring the average salary down.

Hmmnn, I wonder what the average pay for all commercial rated pilots in the US would be?
shocked.gif

Then the author states that the consumer pays the pilot a high wage out of fear for their safety.
blush.gif

Maybe Doug could reiterate how much money he sees from a given paid ticket?

You'll notice the article said you pay pilots a lot of money because you don't want them to screw things up. People DIE when they do.

I also don't know where the clueless idiot who wrote that article gets his "facts" from. Oh, so the only reason why Southwest and JetBlue are profitable is because they have lower labor costs? Hell, even the Wall Street Journal isn't singing that tune anymore!

Back