Delta flight delayed by fish on runway

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Delta flight delayed by fish on runway: Four catfish, apparently trying to escape the downpours of Tropical Storm Fay, delayed a Delta Air Lines flight attempting to land at Melbourne Airport in Florida on Wednesday. The so-called walking catfish, which use their pectoral fins to "walk" upright, were removed by airport workers so the plane could land.

Man, can you imagine the looks on the faces of the pilots as they witnessed that? Must have been priceless!!! :cwm27:

I wonder what the braking action is on catfish guts?

Fair?
Poor?

Musta been 4 HUGE catfish......

There was a fish-strike at an airport I worked at. Ospreys used to pull fish out of the water at the end of the runway, and one day a 172 was taking off just as the osprey was struggling to carry aways it's lunch. The bird saw the airplane and paniced, dropping the fish, which went through the prop and coated the windscreen.

The airplane was undamaged and made a slightly smelly return landing.

Is it just me or does any one else find catfish creepy. I used to catch them, come home late at night, put them in the fridge live, go to bed, get up, and they'd still be alive and moving making that groaning noise they make the next morning. :panic:

Is it just me or does any one else find catfish creepy. I used to catch them, come home late at night, put them in the fridge live, go to bed, get up, and they'd still be alive and moving making that groaning noise they make the next morning. :panic:

I find all fish creepy!:panic:

I delayed taxi at BUR the other day for a coyote going in from of us from right to left. He just gave us this funny look like, "what are you doing here". Didn't even break stride. We reported him to ground and ground forwarded to airport ops. I'm wondering if he got shot?

I delayed taxi at BUR the other day for a coyote going in from of us from right to left. He just gave us this funny look like, "what are you doing here". Didn't even break stride. We reported him to ground and ground forwarded to airport ops. I'm wondering if he got shot?

You are from spokane you should be used to that!

Down in SJU if there was an iguana on the runway they would close the runway. It was crazy i think they are protected animals down there. It was probably a good idea those things get pretty big.

Down in SJU if there was an iguana on the runway they would close the runway. It was crazy i think they are protected animals down there. It was probably a good idea those things get pretty big.

But they look so cute packed in like sardines in a small tank at PetCo......

There was a fish-strike at an airport I worked at. Ospreys used to pull fish out of the water at the end of the runway, and one day a 172 was taking off just as the osprey was struggling to carry aways it's lunch. The bird saw the airplane and paniced, dropping the fish, which went through the prop and coated the windscreen.

The airplane was undamaged and made a slightly smelly return landing.

Until I got all the way through your post I thought the fish were Unionized and standing up against the man. Did they bring the blow up Rat??

A few months ago we nailed one on the landing roll-out in ITH. We didn't know he was a Coyote, we got a little sad because we thought we just hit little Jimmy's Beagle. The airport ops brought him over after we shut down and asked me if I wanted him, since I'm the one that "got'em". Apparently the pelt is worth 80 bucks or so. I graciously declined and gave him up to one of the ops guys. They don't shoot them on the airport in ITH, because they help keep the bigger critters of the runway...like deer.

I found myself circling over Spokane International a couple time because of coyotes on the runway. I don't believe it one bit, but I didn't want to find out because it wasn't my plane.

Back