Delta “Fix It” Email

swakid8

Hey everyone,

‘’First time caller/long time listener type question here”

Over the weekend, I received the Delta ”Fix It” email about my flight training documentation in the education section of my application. After I saw that, I went back and documented my flight training.

How does that bode for my chances of my app of getting pulled to move onto the next step of the process? Of those who have gotten the ”fix it“ email, what were you guys/gals experience? Thanks!

I've heard *this being total rumor mill* that since the previous director of hiring retired, the new person hasn't been as concerned with this type of thing. Take that for what it is worth (which isn't much since I still haven't applied myself). But I know a couple people who got fix-it emails and still got the call within a normal amount of time.

The Delta fixit was basically a mental jerk exercise for them. It meant they graded your app, but something was "missing." For a large group of people, it was almost always the initial flight training information. The way the airlineapps used to read several years ago, it was not specific that it needed your initial flight training information. Many people got caught in that boat. Don't know how it is now but in 2016, they would grade the app, if something missing, give you a fix it email, and then throw your app in the bottom of the pile again.

My 2016 experience mirrors roundout's experience - never heard from again.

Maybe it's different now? I don't know. I stopped paying and updating my airlineapps in March 2019 once I moved to CA.

The Delta fixit was basically a mental jerk exercise for them. It meant they graded your app, but something was "missing." For a large group of people, it was almost always the initial flight training information. The way the airlineapps used to read several years ago, it was not specific that it needed your initial flight training information. Many people got caught in that boat. Don't know how it is now but in 2016, they would grade the app, if something missing, give you a fix it email, and then throw your app in the bottom of the pile again.

My 2016 experience mirrors roundout's experience - never heard from again.

Maybe it's different now? I don't know. I stopped paying and updating my airlineapps in March 2019 once I moved to CA.

Damn, didn't know that we were going to finally get the origin story!

Damn, didn't know that we were going to finally get the origin story!

Pretty sure I’ve shared that at the time happened. Derg came down with a “there is no point system!” Which was in direct contradiction to the Delta guy I did the face to face with. Again this was 2016. I don’t care anymore.

No I meant that, that post was the origin story of your self-hatred towards Delta.

That’s not the origin. As I said, I have no ego or love towards any major airline. I applied to the big 3 simply for the NYC base. No other reason.

I pick on Delta because of all the airlines, they are most up tight. Who else in a job fair gives you a business card that basically says this is just a meet and greet and in no way/form guarantees an interview? Rumor is some appplicant sued them so that’s why they gave that card to everyone (this was OBAP, Aug 2016). They always take themselves so seriously and get super defensive about anything Delta. Then you add the double breastedness, along with “go study Math for Naval
Aviators.”
It’s like, shut up. You fly the same stanky ass A320s and B737s to the same piece of pavement at the same airports like the rest of us commoners.

In comparison, United and AA were super laid back to talk to. Much more humble, more real to your face. In fact at that Aug 2016 OBAP fair, the AA guy was like, “didn’t Alaska just buy you? Why you here, go enjoy the new company.” Then he talked about how he was hired right before the gulf war, saw the tough times, then 9/11, 2008 recession, was a 20 year FO, and until recently mostly involuntarily. He said I’ll take your resume, but honestly, stick it out. (Like completely honest and humble and keepin it real talk. Delta would have never said any of this).

Last edited:
That’s not the origin. As I said, I have no ego or love towards any major airline. I applied to the big 3 simply for the NYC base. No other reason.

I pick on Delta because of all the airlines, they are most up tight. Who else in a job fair gives you a business card that basically says this is just a meet and greet and in no way/form guarantees an interview? Rumor is some appplicant sued them so that’s why they gave that card to everyone (this was OBAP, Aug 2016). They always take themselves so seriously and get super defensive about anything Delta. Then you add the double breastedness, along with “go study Math for Naval
Aviators.”
It’s like, shut up. You fly the same stanky ass A320s and B737s to the same piece of pavement at the same airports like the rest of us commoners.

In comparison, United and AA were super laid back to talk to. Much more humble, more real to your face. In fact at that Aug 2016 OBAP fair, the AA guy was like, “didn’t Alaska just buy you? Why you here, go enjoy the new company.” Then he talked about how he was hired right before the gulf war, saw the tough times, then 9/11, 2008 recession, was a 20 year FO, and until recently mostly involuntarily. He said I’ll take your resume, but honestly, stick it out. (Like completely honest and humble and keepin it real talk. Delta would have never said any of this).

Sick anecdote

I got not one, but two, fixit emails about a week apart. Got the invite to do the online assessment about a week later. Just another anecdote.

With that said, for anyone who is interested, one of my fixits was for my flight training. It goes under your education tab. Last I checked, airlineapps still wasn't clear that that needed to be included. They also want education starting from high school. I don't know how my high school GPA affects anything after two degrees and four 135/121 ground schools, with over a decade of experience with various certificate holders, but maybe someone can keep from having to do the fixit process.

I got the fix it email in the spring of 2017 for flight training documentation and missing my high school GPA. I fixed it and never heard another word. I got hired someone else a few months later so I stopped updating my app. That was a different hiring environment.

I got a fix it email because my app wasn’t up to date when they pulled it. I updated and got a call immediately. Then they interviewed me and said no…

I got a Fix It from Delta in 2018. Fixed it the same day, emailed them telling them I'd fixed it and was excited to hear back. I'm still waiting.

I've posted this simply as tongue-in-cheek anecdotal (true, though) experience.....I suspect things are different today.

same here...I agree times have changed

I got the fix it email in the spring of 2017 for flight training documentation and missing my high school GPA. I fixed it and never heard another word. I got hired someone else a few months later so I stopped updating my app. That was a different hiring environment.

Were you even out of high school on 2017?:D

I was before that and had to track down my GPA from 2 closed high schools. That was fun. Never mind I already had a 4 year college degree and few thousand hours of flight time.... But that is how the cookie crumbled back then

I was before that and had to track down my GPA from 2 closed high schools. That was fun. Never mind I already had a 4 year college degree and few thousand hours of flight time.... But that is how the cookie crumbled back then

For what it's worth, Delta, for whatever reason, still wants to see your HS transcript

For what it's worth, Delta, for whatever reason, still wants to see your HS transcript

Funny, they didn't ask for mine recently when I interviewed. High school GPA was on the application but I didn't need to pull the transcripts and they never asked for anything other than college transcripts.

Funny, they didn't ask for mine recently when I interviewed. High school GPA was on the application but I didn't need to pull the transcripts and they never asked for anything other than college transcripts.

Sorry, that is what I meant (the app), and you are right, it is just the GPA, which required me to request transcript since I had no idea what it was 20+ years ago.....though it sounds like I could have just guessed or made up a number eh? :)

To be fair, I consider HS GPA to be an equally ridiculous thing to ask for, when we are talking about folks with a bachelors (or more) for the most part, and years and thousands of hours of representative work experience.

Last edited:
Sorry, that is what I meant (the app), and you are right, it is just the GPA, which required me to request transcript since I had no idea what it was 20+ years ago.....though it sounds like I could have just guessed or made up a number eh? :)
If I guessed, I would have said something stupid like 4.5 lol.

Back