Delta Connection Academy

I was just wondering how well DCA aircraft are maintained? I have heard all the rumors about westwind and Pan Am having old and unreliable aircraft do to maintenance, and that students have to cancel a flight because their planes couldn’t fly, and now that Pan Am(with my deepest sympathy) just had two of their pilots killed, I really want to know what kind of aircraft I'm going to be training in. I just want to know if DCA has had any problems with this?

DCA's aircraft are fairly old and not always pretty to look at (although that is changing), but VERY well maintained. Every single write up, no matter how small, is dealt with immediately. After flying nearly 1000 hours in their aircraft, I've suffered nothing more abnormal then one alternator failure.

Thanks for the reply. I am looking in to 15 deferent flight schools and DCA is #1 on my list. Westwind and Pan Am are two others that are top on my list, but from what I have read on this forum, Westwind's aircraft are unreliable, and Pam Am have newer aircraft but have a lot of other problems within their school. So right now I am 90% sure DCA is were I want to go.

I hate 89989 had that thing on my x-c's every time...that callsign in just a bitch...but its funny to hear ATC goof it up all the time....im still mourning the loss of race car 80....72rg

I have been at DCA for three weeks and I just finished the VFP / IFP indoc. In the 20 plus hours that I have flown here I have not had any maintenance problems. The airplanes are old and have seen their share of flying but they are well maintained. The engines are in very good shape and all the airplanes that I have flown so far with the exception of one, have modern radios. They also have trouble shooters standing by to perform quick fixes (like changing a tire or a landing light) and get you on your way with minimal delay.

Its worth the wait when you get to the Mulit course and fly the seminole. Boy oh boy, garmin sure makes being a pilot easy!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Its worth the wait when you get to the Mulit course and fly the seminole. Boy oh boy, garmin sure makes being a pilot easy!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait until you get out of mutl..then climb back into a 152 to start CFI. You'll appreciate all the seminole gizmos that much more!
smile.gif

Back