Delta Air Lines' new chief executive plans a series of town hall-style

Minuteman

“Dongola”
Delta Air Lines\' new chief executive plans a series of town hall-style

[ QUOTE ]
Delta Air Lines' new chief executive plans a series of town hall-style meetings with pilots and their families in a campaign to win big cost savings for the airline.

Speaking to an investor conference in New York Tuesday morning, Delta CEO Gerald Grinstein said he plans "to invite all the pilots and their families to attend the meetings. ....They will be blunt. They will be very provocative."
Other Delta employees "have taken their cuts," he said, through job cuts, reduced benefits and longer work hours. He didn't rule out more job cuts.

"There may be some [layoffs], but they won't be massive like they were in the past," he said.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/delta/0304/02grinstein.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your contract fixin' to expire or something? All this talk of more layoffs... Maybe the execs are willing to be blunt about their compensation?

Re: Delta Air Lines\' new chief executive plans a series of town hall-style

Here's a recap of a post that I made on the DALPA forums:

Gah! No longer have it.

Nevermind! I think most guys are boycotting it anyway because it's the same old story and he knows where to find the negotiating committee but doesn't like what they're telling him. Besides, tell the best man from my wedding that pilots haven't taken cuts, I'm sure he's got a Louisville Slugger at the MacReady!

Personally, I'd rather watch Jerry Springer reruns.

blah blah blahblahblah...

Back