Defended Dissertation... Thank You JetCareers!

Silverhawkpmm

As tough as it was at the time.. I stepped away from working on the CFI to pursue my doctoral degree four years ago... and with a huge sigh of relief I can say as of this past Monday I've officially completed the journey!

Though I tend to lurk in the background I religiously surf the site (especially the job and checkride announcements and the daily pics to get my daily aviation fix!)

Next up.... Getting current and back on course with the CFI after the new year begins...

No particular plans at the moment except to continue working/teaching at a local university and see where I can weave in my passion for flying!

Let the fun begin !!! :)

Thanks again Doug and everyone who frequents the boards!

Out of curiosity what was subject matter you are now a Doc of?

P.S. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Thank you All!

Hawks... The official degree is Higher Ed Administration & Leadership ... my subject matter is Organizational Change ... included quite a bit of literature related to not only change but also Learning Organizations... Systems Theory ... and the role of Storytelling within organizations... ( I know... nerdy...but at the same time really interesting!)

Congrats on the sucessful defense.

Are you planning on working as an administrator or are you planning to work as an academic?

Thank you... currently as an Administrator (Work for the Provost leading varying initiatives within the University) but do also teach a class or two each semester for our School of Business... primarily management or organizational theory courses...

My goal is to move over to the academic side of the house and teach full-time :)

I've met several faculty members (at other non-aviation universities) who teach their course load and spend the rest of their time either instructing or freelancing during their downtime... seems like they really enjoy what they do...

But as many folks here have said before there are always opportunities if you're willing to put in the effort and keep an eye out for them when the moment arrives!

Thank you All!

Hawks... The official degree is Higher Ed Administration & Leadership ... my subject matter is Organizational Change ... included quite a bit of literature related to not only change but also Learning Organizations... Systems Theory ... and the role of Storytelling within organizations... ( I know... nerdy...but at the same time really interesting!)

Holy frack, how have I not run across you yet?

I'm finishing coursework now towards my Ph.D. in Higher Ed Administration at the University of South Florida. I've written a rough first draft of my dissertation proposal and will be polishing a second draft in the Spring semester. My topic has to do with gauging faculty acceptance of incorporating customer-centric strategies into higher education - specifically looking at what type of faculty members are more or less accepting of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategies.

Big congrats to you. Which part of the country are you in?

Congrats!

Your topic is important and there are many over paid and under experienced change management consultants out there....

Hook... (Thank you!) ... and you are so right.. it's almost sickening the number of consultants out there that fit that category and how much organizations are willing to throw at them...

Often these organizations are getting generic short term solutions or will even be presented the results the company already knew had to be done...

I know it might sound crazy but I'd rather be selective about the organizations I work with and accept less than just to do it because the source of income is readily available...

Holy frack, how have I not run across you yet?

I'm finishing coursework now towards my Ph.D. in Higher Ed Administration at the University of South Florida. I've written a rough first draft of my dissertation proposal and will be polishing a second draft in the Spring semester. My topic has to do with gauging faculty acceptance of incorporating customer-centric strategies into higher education - specifically looking at what type of faculty members are more or less accepting of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategies.

Big congrats to you. Which part of the country are you in?

That's Awesome, Murdoughnut!!!

Isn't it a great feeling of both excitement and a bit of anxiety at the same time! I'll shoot ya a quick pm as I'd love to hear more about your program and of course your study!!

Everyone's journey is different but I'd be more than happy to answer any questions or provide insight as you continue onward!

Back