DC pro X vs. DC pro X2

Hey everyone, Is there anyone who has flown with both headsets? I’m looking for a new headset and trying to figure out if the new DC pro X2 is any different from the DC pro X I bought in 2014. I tried the Bose pro flight 2 but couldn’t get with the head clamps and after a few hours the ear buds started getting annoying so back to DC I go. Sucks because the sound quality on the Bose is amazing.
Haven’t flown with both but I love my pro X.

Hey everyone, Is there anyone who has flown with both headsets? I’m looking for a new headset and trying to figure out if the new DC pro X2 is any different from the DC pro X I bought in 2014. I tried the Bose pro flight 2 but couldn’t get with the head clamps and after a few hours the ear buds started getting annoying so back to DC I go. Sucks because the sound quality on the Bose is amazing.
Sounds (pardon the pun) like uptown problems to me.

Honestly, Zulus are fine for GA, but they’re a bit fragile for every day use, and the plastic on the 1s and 2s degrade after two years and become covered with this gross slime.

I traded my Zulu 1 and 2 in for a pair of 3s, but I wouldn’t see them holding up to airline use.

If you’re going for a classic headset, you can’t go wrong with a DC.

I've had a Pro-X since they first came out. Awesome headset. Great customer service too, I have sent them back three times for little issues (mostly related to the abuse I gave them) and every time they come back with completely new soft goods, and zero charges whatsoever. They are made in the USA, and DC is an American company with a great history, if any of that matters to you.

Honestly, Zulus are fine for GA, but they’re a bit fragile for every day use, and the plastic on the 1s and 2s degrade after two years and become covered with this gross slime.

I traded my Zulu 1 and 2 in for a pair of 3s, but I wouldn’t see them holding up to airline use.

If you’re going for a classic headset, you can’t go wrong with a DC.

My Zulus are 3s. So far they’ve held up but I’m still super new to this so we will see what happens. I’m so tempted to go with a Clarity Aloft again….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm interested in the Pro X2, but want one with the XLR /Airbus connector. DC makes it, but I can't find a place to buy one online. I found a passive Pro-A on one site, but no X2s. Plenty of X2 with GA or 6-pin panel plugs.

Does anyone know a source?

Edit: besides the one aapoutlet guy on Ebay selling one for $200 over MSRP.

I'm interested in the Pro X2, but want one with the XLR /Airbus connector. DC makes it, but I can't find a place to buy one online. I found a passive Pro-A on one site, but no X2s. Plenty of X2 with GA or 6-pin panel plugs.

I got mine off Crew Outfitters. I guess I should probably sell it, but I don't want to.

Definitely recommend.

I will be selling one in about a month if you're interested.

I got mine off Crew Outfitters. I guess I should probably sell it, but I don't want to.

Definitely recommend.

Did they offer you an airline discount on the headset when you did? I've asked the question of our CO rep several times and she has never, ever told me what the discount we get is on headsets.

Did they offer you an airline discount on the headset when you did? I've asked the question of our CO rep several times and she has never, ever told me what the discount we get is on headsets.
My company had them as an approved supplier, so I used my uniform allowance. (I went with JetSeam / ACA (not anymore tho!) for my uniform components, so Crew Outfitters was mostly belts, epaulettes, accessories, etc.

Bose is releasing a new headset so you might want to hold off...

335953105_184812280947392_6410397265635082232_n.jpg

Just about all of the Pro X2’s I’ve seen on eBay have been highway robbery. They’re going for more than I bought the Bose for. Check out Amazon. They were priced at $750 when I looked earlier this week.

You can dim the light on the Zulu as well. DCs do not seem to be as resilient as they used to, an FO I had returned them for service twice in 4 months. maybe they fixed that with the 2.

My company had them as an approved supplier, so I used my uniform allowance. (I went with JetSeam / ACA (not anymore tho!) for my uniform components, so Crew Outfitters was mostly belts, epaulettes, accessories, etc.

Ah, thanks.

I like Jetseam but my God the wrinkling....have an ACA on order. Hope it's better.

Just give DC a call and buy direct. They do/did an airline discount too.

Just give DC a call and buy direct. They do/did an airline discount too.

Credit where credit is due. DC has always been super legit to do business with. I had a couple of old 10-40s that had a LOT of miles on them. I wanted to refurb them and install a ANR kit and use them as the back seat sets for my Bonanza. I sent them off to DC with a little $$, and they came back looking out of the box new. Understand that I bought one of these sets in 1989.

A little time with the soldering iron, and I installed the ANR kits, and they work 90% as well as my Zulu 3s, for 10% of the cost.

So I bought some Pro X2s with the XLR connector. I just turned them on at the house to test them before my next trip. I connected to my iPhone and tried to play some music. I can hear it fine. However, after a few minutes the music started to speed up and slow down randomly and hasn't stopped doing it. I don't see anytjing in the manual about music listening speed issues. I didn't buy them for music, but I do need them to work for the iPad phone to dispatch app and obviously regular headset duty.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Didn't find anything on the web yet.

Back