DC/NoVA AMEs

averettpilot

Just did my first class medical after moving back to NoVA and I may be looking elsewhere. This is my last year before 40 and it was $375 with no EKG.

Anyone care to enlighten me on if this is somehow the going rate for medicals around here? Never paid more than $200 and that was my baseline EKG at 35. Any recommendations appreciated, or someone just tell me it’s this expensive everywhere and I’ll just stick with this guy since he’s close.

Thanks!

I used Dr. Danaceau in Arlington. Nice enough guy. I want to say I paid $100 for the visit and last year when I had the EKG that was an additional $75.

I used Dr. Danaceau in Arlington. Nice enough guy. I want to say I paid $100 for the visit and last year when I had the EKG that was an additional $75.
Wow. Well that’s worth the drive even if I pay the $26 for the express lanes. I can’t stomach paying nearly a grand every year for medicals. Thanks!

Wow. Well that’s worth the drive even if I pay the $26 for the express lanes. I can’t stomach paying nearly a grand every year for medicals. Thanks!

Oh definetly. I just found my receipt for this year and it was $100.

What part of the DC Area are you in? Alexandria here.

Oh definetly. I just found my receipt for this year and it was $100.

What part of the DC Area are you in? Alexandria here.
Stafford so more NoVa really. Went to a guy in Fredericksburg which was really close. Nice guy, easy medical process but just insanely expensive.

Jim Koch is a go-to for a lot of pilots in the NoVA area. He's also super-convenient because he will do weekend appointments. Look at www.doc4pilots.com

I think he charges either $125 or $150 for a Class 1 with EKG.

Jim Koch is a go-to for a lot of pilots in the NoVA area. He's also super-convenient because he will do weekend appointments. Look at www.doc4pilots.com

I think he charges either $125 or $150 for a Class 1 with EKG.
Yup that's who I use. I used to use Dr. Danaceau, but 2 years in a row he canceled on me less than a week prior to my appointment.

Back