Days off??

B757plt2B

For all the airline/corporate pilots out there, I was just curious as to how many days off you had last month. Any thoughts would be great!

John Scheidler

Too many, lol.

Pay by the day doesn't make the bills go away...

(Woo hoo, I can rhyme- just call me 'lil ESF!
laugh.gif
)

Last month I had 17 days off, but one was spent commuting so an effective 16.

This month I have 15 days off with two commutes so effectively 13.

[ QUOTE ]
14 for next months bid.

[/ QUOTE ]
You fly for Mesa right?

28 day bid sched?

Yeah they do. But from his post of his trip sheet he is based in Saint Louie. No Mesa crews based there. I know TSA is there, but maybe he is a Chautauqua ERJ FO. They also have a crew base there flying American Connection.

The more I find out about Chautauqua the more I like it. Seems like a very decent place to work.

[ QUOTE ]
Last month I had 17 days off, but one was spent commuting so an effective 16.

This month I have 15 days off with two commutes so effectively 13.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does that work? Don't you have to commute both to and from your base every trip? How do you only have 1 or 2 commutes in the whole month?

He's refering to travel from home to work/domicile. He's not getting paid to commute to work. For example, he has to report at 7:00 am in Atlanta but there are no flights that day and the soonest he can get there, for free ie jump seat, is to leave the day before at 3:00 pm. I'm sure there are other trips where he can fly in that day and there is no lost time.

Correct me if I'm wrong

I was wrong once but thats when I thought I was wrong.
grin.gif

I usually have 18 days off in 28, including commuting, because I'm really senior. I'm about to go to training on a different plane, so I'll only be getting 8 days off in 28, then. No time to go home with only two days off, so I plan on being away from home for six weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about to go to training on a different plane, so I'll only be getting 8 days off in 28, then. No time to go home with only two days off, so I plan on being away from home for six weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you'll have to become DEA300UPS or DEDC8UPS.

Perhaps even de767757ups because he'll be operating both!
smile.gif

12 off last month, 13 off this month. 30 day month for the 12, 31 day month for the 13.

Thanks to Preferrential Bidding, I have 7 days off in a row, so it's like a vacation for me! Going to Florida with the g/f.

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps even de767757ups because he'll be operating both!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Any talk from the folks at Boeing about making a freighter version of the B-777-200/300?

The folks at UPS and maybe Fed-Ex might be interested.

Matthew

Back