Day trip to Cedar Key

Jfk-Pilot

A few pics from a cross country to cedar key.

Enjoy!

The Mighty 172
IMG_0001.jpg

Our flightschools warrior
IMG_0004.jpg

Our schools duchess
IMG_0007.jpg

KSGJ Tower
IMG_0016.jpg

St.Johns River
IMG_0031.jpg

Approaching Cedar Key
IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

A nice, well maintained, long runway :)
IMG_0113.jpg

The 172 posing
IMG_0117.jpg

Self Explanatory
IMG_0130.jpg

Ready for takeoff
IMG_0134.jpg

I'm not sure if there are any Gator Fans here on JC, if your out there, here's a shot for you.
IMG_0162.jpg

University of Florida Campus
IMG_0163.jpg

St.Augustine Inlet, with a few rain showers in the distance
IMG_0200.jpg

St.Augustine Airport in all its glory
IMG_0203.jpg

Great shots! #1 is my fav... Brings back lots of memories (between ERAU and flight instructing out of LAL I had my share of those views)

Took off from there with a 25-30 kt x wind, not fun.

I would love to fly back there. Awesome cruising around hunting for a few beers on the golf cart at 1 am.

Nice pictures. I've been there once, and left one of them really, really long skid marks. Still can't figure out what happened, but I think it was the right seat passenger/pilot who had his feet on the pedals on landing. Not the greatest place to get a flat-spotted tire.

Always liked the massive amount of swamp land just east of SGJ there :)

The people at the St. Aug tower were always super nice though. And there is a decent little restaurant up there.

Cool shots~!

Nice shots landing at Cedar Key. Looks like you didn't have any headwind to help you out on the long well maintained runway there.:joke:
*Edit: Go Gators!

I once put out a lawn chair right along the water where the windsock is and sat there for a few hours with my cooler. Good times.

Nice photos! I loooooove me some Cedar Key! Need to get a JC Meet going on there sometime! :beer:

Nice photos! I loooooove me some Cedar Key! Need to get a JC Meet going on there sometime! :beer:
Would be nice - everyone could bring a cooler - someone bring a grill (not sure how to get it in the airplane). Could have cookout right there at the airport.

Would be nice - everyone could bring a cooler - someone bring a grill (not sure how to get it in the airplane). Could have cookout right there at the airport.

Great idea guys, would definitely not mind flying out there again.

Thanks for all the comments guys. :)

Back