David Clark DC One-X

hotice

Anyone own one of these headsets? I am looking at this one, a David Clark pro-x anr headset, a Lightspeed Zulu.2 and Lightspeed Sierra. Looking to spend $600-$900.

I'd go with a David Clark. Light speed headsets break down a lot. I bought a lightspeed Zulu 2 and I had to send it in for mx twice in the first 12 months. Other pilots say the same thing.

I'd go with a David Clark. Light speed headsets break down a lot. I bought a lightspeed Zulu 2 and I had to send it in for mx twice in the first 12 months. Other pilots say the same thing.
Never had any problems beyond normal wear on my Zulu2. Replaced the mic sock and put new ear cups on it is all. Used it for 1800hrs getting used hard at a drop zone and a regional airline before switching to a light-weight in ear set just for comfort reasons.

Never had any problems beyond normal wear on my Zulu2. Replaced the mic sock and put new ear cups on it is all. Used it for 1800hrs getting used hard at a drop zone and a regional airline before switching to a light-weight in ear set just for comfort reasons.

Shoot. I'm still rocking my Bose X's, after 10 years nearly of hard use.

Sent my two Zulu 1s to refurb after plastic on the volume control/battery box turned to crap - but I think it was just a bad batch few years back
Bose A20 - couple had to go back to MX for various reasons another pair got stolen from the car.
Clarity Aloft - had to send to refurb after insulation on the wire started cracking

All good headsets.
Never owned a classic DC, prefer my head shape the way it is ))) no experience with the new fancy ones

I got the DC pro X. They're awesome, quiet, and can connect to your phone, etc. I was weary about having something on the ear but it really doesn't bother me. The batteries will last me about 2 five day trips with out charging and that's with using the Bluetooth.

I love my One-X. I have a set of Bose A20 too and prefer the One-X to them even though their quite comparable. My biggest knocks on the One-X and it might have been fixed in subsequent revisions, but the ear seals can sometimes come loose and come off (happened maybe like 4 or 5 times in almost 11 months of usage) and the headset bag is unpadded. It's lighter than the Bose which I like and it's made in the US unlike the Bose (used to be, but now it's assembled in Mexico) and most Lightspeeds.

Get the DC's. I love those things so much that I pull out the batteries in between trips, just in case.

I have been using the Pro-X for many years, but for some reason on one side of the airplane I just started flying, they cause a buzzing in the intercom. I sent them back to DC, but I decided to look around for another headset to use. I find the Telex 750 and 850 to be very uncomfortable to me, so I tried the Zulu 3, the Bose A20 and the DC One-X. I ended up keeping the One-X over both of those headsets. They are far more comfortable (for me) than the Zulu 3, and I found them more comfortable and better made than the A20's. It doesn't hurt that they are $100 cheaper than the Bose, and only slightly more than the Z3. Bonus is that they are 100% made in the USA. I just got my Pro-X's back from DC but I have not had a chance to try them out in the airplane to see if they were fixed. DC replaced a whole bunch of stuff on them for completely free.

Back