Dave's not here, man!

ready2fly

Dave\'s not here, man!

Anyone know where/heard/seen davetheflyer is? Last time he posted, he was doing training on the the Do-jet systems... but, that was .. what?.... five weeks ago?

Dave - you out there?

Drop us a line.

R2F

Re: Dave\'s not here, man!

I was wondering the same!

Dave's gone missing!
shocked.gif

Mahesh

So is SOCAL, after he announced that he had the interview with Chatenuqua he just kind of went missing. Hopefully they'll all get back here. I remember Dave saying that they were moving (because of the inncedent with his wife in the potential rape) so maybe he moved and they havent hooked up the Internet connection yet...though I really cant give a definant awnser.

Whatever the case..... hope all is well with all parties mentioned.

GUYS - drop us a line!!!

R2F

Awww. You like me... You really like me!
grin.gif

I've just been totally swamped studying and practicing for my sim rides. I just posted an overview of the sim training for any interested parties. We are also in the process of moving to northern Kentucky since I'll be flying out of CVG.

I start IOE tomorrow. I'm looking forward to actually getting into the airplane and traveling to such exotic ports of call as Kalamazoo, Toledo, and South Bend!
wink.gif

It's nice to know that I was missed. (sniff)
grin.gif

Hey Dave, maybe our paths will cross at some outstations. I keep seeing ACA Dork jets all the time at various places we go. I'll be the one with the yellow lanyard and yellow headset, still looking like this eveywhere I go --->
grin.gif

I'll look forward to that. I don't think I heard you say for sure, but I'm assuming that you're with Chicago Express now? I remember we entered training about the same time. How's life on the line treating you?

Yup, Chi Ex. Line life is decent. I'm on reserve right now, and got called in today for a trip to SBN... then it turned into an IND turn... ended up having FAMs going out, and an FAA line check from the ATA POI on the way back. Oh yeah, fun stuff.
smile.gif

I'm loving it! I'm sure you're loving the jet!!!

Awwright, FlyChicaga, pull over. Pilot and medical certificates, please. You're being cited for flagrant and gratuitious use of acronyms.

Really, I only knew ONE of those with any degree of certainty!

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, Chi Ex. Line life is decent. I'm on reserve right now, and got called in today for a trip to SBN... then it turned into an IND turn... ended up having FAMs going out, and an FAA line check from the ATA POI on the way back. Oh yeah, fun stuff.
smile.gif

I'm loving it! I'm sure you're loving the jet!!!

[/ QUOTE ]'

Let me translate.

"Yup, Chicago Express. Flying fo Chicago express is pretty good. I'm living off the pager because I'm junior and I gotta pick up trips that the smart guys called in sick for. Then I ended up getting junior-assigned to fly a trip to Indianapolis and back because I didn't know my federal aviation regulations! I had two Federal Air Marshalls with scary guns, and I got watched under the close eye of an Federal Aviation Administration official who specializes in busting ATA pilots."

smile.gif

LOL Doug!!

Chi Ex: Chicago Express
SBN: South Bend, IN
IND: Indianapolis, IN
FAMs: Federal Air Marshalls
FAA: Duh
wink.gif

ATA: ATA Airlines
POI: Principal Operations Inspector (who signs off the manuals, procedures, etc etc)

Sorry I'm tired and the acroymns just spew out like a bad disease...

Probably the best acronym that I can remember was on the 727 flight engineer panel.

The switch was part of the air conditioning system marked "Aft Cabin Heat" or something like that.

Above the switch, scribbled in pen, it was marked "DFW".

The feature of the system was so hard to understand, and if you used it poorly, you can easily 'smoke a pack' so previous second officers marked it "DFW" as in "Don't (blank) With"

the only one I didn't know was FAMs. Shows how little airline flying I've done since 9-11.

I expect to be on reserve when I finish IOE as well. This is a slightly more senior airplane than the J41. I held a decent line there. From what I hear, the reserve FOs in CVG stay busy though.

I had an FAA guy jumpseat in one of my sim sessions. He showed up because he thought it was my checkride and it was Friday afternoon. He left during the break and went home early.

So FlyChi, what are you so proudly sitting right seat in?

I loved Dougs interp on the acronymical message!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and whatever happened to 737 dude?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still look in on you guys here and there.....I've just been too busy, I'm working doubles 4 times a week plus training the new hires.

Back