Dash and Q flying in Africa

Patrick

This was posted on Climbto350 today:

Q400 typed and current captains and First Officers, as well as Dash pilots looking to upgrade to the Q for flying in Africa. Schedule 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif] http://www.protectechnical.co.uk

[/FONT]

They have been posting for MONTHS now. I like how it says dash pilots looking to upgrade to the Q. I understand what they mean but the Q is a Dash.

Good oppurtunity if you do not mind living in Nigeria.

Can't find much info on that website as far as min. hours required, and salaries? What is F/O pay? Any other info on this? Maybe I looked in the wrong place.

FO pay depends on experience

From what one of the companies handling recruitment told me...

Below 1500 Total time - $3500 / month
1500 - 3000 total time- $4500/month
3000+ - $5500/month

Captain pay is $8,000/month

2 months on , 1 month off and they travel you to and from your home base. You are paid even on the month off. Living accommodations paid for in Nigeria(compound style apartment). They also provide a driver and car for on duty and off duty activities. Per diem when you overnight and 3 meals a day when you are in the apartment are also provided.

FO pay depends on experience

From what one of the companies handling recruitment told me...

Below 1500 Total time - $3500 / month
1500 - 3000 total time- $4500/month
3000+ - $5500/month

Captain pay is $8,000/month

2 months on , 1 month off and they travel you to and from your home base. You are paid even on the month off. Living accommodations paid for in Nigeria(compound style apartment). They also provide a driver and car for on duty and off duty activities. Per diem when you overnight and 3 meals a day when you are in the apartment are also provided.

Hey, thanks a lot for that info. How long is the contract? What are you bonded by? Also, does a SIC TR count? Or do they want you to have a full TR. (type rating).

Any idea what is the min. hrs they will hire with?

Hey, thanks a lot for that info. How long is the contract? What are you bonded by? Also, does a SIC TR count? Or do they want you to have a full TR. (type rating).

Any idea what is the min. hrs they will hire with?

The SIC type does count and they accept it. I don't know what the min time is but the payscale goes 600 hrs - 1500 hrs = $3500 so I would assume around 600 hours is the min. I don't think there is a min as much as there is a time in type requirement. They wanted 100 hours on the Q400 when they spoke to me. I suppose that has changed now. As far as the contract you would have to contact the companies handling recruitment. The one I was talking to didn't require you to sign anything if you were already typed and current on the 400. If you needed training I believe it was a 2 year contract. Check out climbto350 as the postings have been on there for months now. Apply through that and you should get a response with all the details.

It sounds like a good gig if you don't mind living in Nigeria for 2 months at a time. The company is called Arik Air. I met some of their pilots in Toronto when I was in training. If you decide to pursue this PM me your email and I'll get you in touch with them.

Yes, non typed pilots were not wanted. They also specificall wanted (as mentioned) a min of 100 hours in type and prefferably Q400.

Back