Dangerous Flights TV Show

Hey, Dallan, you've done some of those crazy ferry flights, right? Oh yeah, I was there, too. I believe we even stayed at a couple of Holiday Inn Expresses along the way... Why ain't we TV stars?
Not sure how we would have made it without those holiday inn expresses. They make decisions in the cockpit so easy.

Not sure how we would have made it without those holiday inn expresses. They make decisions in the cockpit so easy.

Yeah, without Holiday Inn Express I probably would have really gone off on Foxxy Cleopatra talkin' smack about taking our plane and prancing about with her skin tight fatigues and that Uzi strapped around her cute little neck. Go Columbia!

Meh, it wasnt that bad. Its a lot more entertaining to watch than that repo.

Which one are you? ;)

All three, for a period of time.

Season 2 of "Girls" I had no interest in.

Business Elite meals I grew bored of.

Candy Crush, I deleted as it was a huge time suck.

mmmmmm

spam-musubi.jpg

Fried spam 'n eggs or a fried spam sandwich is flipping awesome.

I forget which of the airplane shows I was watching a few nights ago, but it was during an "intense" scene and they had a one second cut to the pilot adjusting the G430 and played it off that is what saved the plane from falling out of the sky. All was well after the G430 was adjusted. :rolleyes:

So is flying for an airline and also doing ferry flights on the side Ok? I was always under the impression it was not.

It's ok on airplane repo the other day they showed a cub flying along on a East heading and was talking about how he was out of gas as if the compass was his fuel gauge

So is flying for an airline and also doing ferry flights on the side Ok? I was always under the impression it was not.

I tried to keep my ferry business going when I was flying at Colgan (www.theferrypilot.com).

Chief Pilot caught wind of it and took me in for a little chat about how I need to stop it.

Regarding Dangerous flights... I was contacted by the production company when they started planning for the show. They wanted me to be one of their pilots. After a few back and forths I turned them down. So did a few other reputable ferry pilots I know. In the end they "invented" the ferry company they showcase. They contact me now and then asking me to "donate" flights for their pilots to do so they have material to finish their season.

They told me that they would work it in to the story that "I needed the help of one of their pilots". I would be presented as the "Co-Pilot". I chuckled and said no. (notice that their pilots RARELY fly the flight by themselves? Uh-huh...

Nice job Ben. I have no desire to watch this show. Last thing we need in the biz is some reality show misrepresenting our profession.

Nice job Ben. I have no desire to watch this show. Last thing we need in the biz is some reality show misrepresenting our profession.

When I asked they producers why they thought that days of planning and phone calls followed by a take off, 4-6 hours of straight and level flying followed by a normal landing was interesting enough for a TV show she replied (and I quote) "Dont worry, we will edit the drama in."

Excuse me?! The last thing I need is some TV show presenting me as a reckless pilot. I honestly and truely hope that through their editing they are mis-representing because if not, those pilots should NEVER be allowed to fly again. I really believe that those pilots are safer than the show portrays them to be.

They also wanted me to spend one day of shooting "B-Roll" of fly bys and low passes in the plane. its the CLIENTs plane. Its THEIR investment not your "cool shot toy". They actually have a shot of a plane buzzing a waterfall in south america! Can you imagine being the owner of that plane and then seeing that the pilot was doing that kind of crap with your six figure aircraft? sheesh!

Ferry Pilots are not there to be cowboys, we are not there to push the envelope, we are there to deliver the clients aircraft as safely and economically as possible.

Edit in the drama? chit, I haven't flown since July and might work next month. Now that's some drama.

Back