Damn we're good

Screaming_Emu

Joe Conventional
Well done guys!

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2009/06/11/emergency_landing.html

Now begins the media reporting how awesome regional pilots are and how we deserve more money....

Let me just search cnn.com's headlines. Surely this must be newsworthy. Lets see the headlines "Chastity Bono is changing genders", no...that's not it. "Trump the winner in beauty pagent fiasco" that might be it...wait, no. Ooh..."bare chested Beckham appears in briefs". I guess these are all newsworthy things that should definitely be covered before this.

If this was expressjet it wouldn't have ended well because they would have had their arm rests down (I can't believe you guys are arguing about that)

"...engine failed dropping the plane a few feet in midair"

A few feet huh?

Okay

Midair? Where's the beginning and endair?

Let me just search cnn.com's headlines. Surely this must be newsworthy. Lets see the headlines "Chastity Bono is changing genders", no...that's not it. "Trump the winner in beauty pagent fiasco" that might be it...wait, no. Ooh..."bare chested Beckham appears in briefs". I guess these are all newsworthy things that should definitely be covered before this.
:rotfl: :clap:
Couldnt have said it better. Not just about this circumstance but many others. Sometimes I wonder how certain stories that are sooooo important are selected over others that are actually of importance.

Joe, you have just highlighted why we have people running around who seriously believe that Obama is a secret Muslim or that there's no birth certificate that shows he was born in the United States or that September 11 was an inside job or that UAL flight 93 was shot down.

People are so concerned over trivial things that they don't bother to look at what is going on which might actually have an effect on people's lives -- in this case, literally.

As long as we have an uninformed and ignorant population, we'll have people who exploit their ignorance. It's nothing new. As H.L. Mencken said, nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. It was true when he said it a long time ago and it's true now.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2009/06/northwest_airlink_flight_headi.html

From yesterday. I especially like the photo in the article. Seems one of our planes hit severe turbulence and there may have been injuries in the back. Also says the "oil-fuel light" came on as a mechanical malfunction. Okay, CRJ guys....WTF IS AN OIL-FUEL LIGHT?!??! Pretty sure that's not even on the CRJ, but they're quoting some guy from the fire department like he knows the systems of the CRJ.

From yesterday. I especially like the photo in the article. Seems one of our planes hit severe turbulence and there may have been injuries in the back. Also says the "oil-fuel light" came on as a mechanical malfunction. Okay, CRJ guys....WTF IS AN OIL-FUEL LIGHT?!??! Pretty sure that's not even on the CRJ, but they're quoting some guy from the fire department like he knows the systems of the CRJ.

One of our flights reported severe to extreme turbulence on the arrival into ATL yesterday. Thank goodness it was a ferry flight.:eek:

I haven't gotten severe turbulence in the CRJ, but in the ATR if you hit a good downdraft and went less than 1g, you could get a low oil pressure warning. I guess the same thing could happen in the CRJ.

Well done guys!

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2009/06/11/emergency_landing.html
Let me just search cnn.comcom's headlines. Surely this must be newsworthy. Lets see the headlines "Chastity Bono is changing genders", no...that's not it. "Trump the winner in beauty pagent fiasco" that might be it...wait, no. Ooh..."bare chested Beckham appears in briefs". I guess these are all newsworthy things that should definitely be covered before this.

Now that's some funny writing right there......:yup: :laff:

I'm sure the emergency landing story was trumped by the story of Adam Lambert announcing he was gay or the feud between Pink and Kanye west. (For those curious minds out there, I have a 14 yr old..that's how I know this stuff...Really!).:p

I haven't gotten severe turbulence in the CRJ, but in the ATR if you hit a good downdraft and went less than 1g, you could get a low oil pressure warning. I guess the same thing could happen in the CRJ.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking, but it's not a light. It's a R/L OIL PRESS caution message. And it's got nothing to do with fuel.

Back