Damages From Hurricane Isabel

Joshua949

You can go to this link to see damages:
http://www.wral.com/news/2496431/detail.html

I heard on our local news station here in Raleigh, NC, this morning that some places on the coast we have no word about what happened. It has total devastation for parts of our coast. Some islands were totally wiped out & will take a while for recovery. It's a lot worser than what it sounds for parts of the NC coast.

I had 2 trees fall down at 2:30am, one right across my driveway the other hit my neighbors garage
blush.gif

My yard looks like a war zone and I just spent 6K this year removing 15 trees and redoing the lawn.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

What sucks for me is some of my family and I have a vacation planned for the outer banks on October 4th. Doesn't look like we will be able to go considering the whole place has been basicly devastated. That sucks. Luckily I convinced my Uncle to buy Hurricane insurance since Sept.-Oct. is peak hurricane season. If we can't go, we should get a full refund. That sucks though.

We moved the Citation and Navajo over to Martin State because Ocean City was supposed to be flooded and MTN was supposed to be fine. Well now MTN is flooded with no power while Ocean City is normal.

I lost power at about a quarter of midnight on Thursday. I didn't get it back until yesterday at about 6:00 PM.

Fortunately, in the DC area, it wasn't too bad. A lot of people lost power, and there was some minor flooding and some minor wind damage, but nothing too serious.

[ QUOTE ]
What sucks for me is some of my family and I have a vacation planned for the outer banks on October 4th. Doesn't look like we will be able to go considering the whole place has been basicly devastated. That sucks. Luckily I convinced my Uncle to buy Hurricane insurance since Sept.-Oct. is peak hurricane season. If we can't go, we should get a full refund. That sucks though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, I just got the news that while alot of houses had damaged windows and roofs, our rental went relatively unscathed and is ready for use. I am very very happy.
grin.gif

In parts of coastal VA (Hampton, Newport News, York County) the power infrastructure is destroyed and will take weeks to rebuild. In the meantime, there have been some issues with looting, prompting a 11pm curfew. Most trees no longer have leaves.

Back