daily pic

Non-aviation shot this time; an ominous sunset in heavy thick smoke when the purple air rating for San Bruno, CA was over 500(200+ is extremely unhealthy). Made for a cool sunset though.

firesun.jpg

Sunrise over Winthrop as the one odd morning had me show up at the airplane farm. Was out in time to get laundry done and RedZone up, but as all things this year have showed us, it's basically white noise at this point. That's a Spirit bird out there I think, but just about every other vertical stab you see is Blueberry.

20201018_063756.jpg

20201019_162416.jpg

20201019_161956.jpg

Big lady arrived on a fuel hop from Goose Bay this evening, and heads south later on to pick up whoknowswhat. Before all this COVID nonsense and depending upon how long the Antonov stuck around, the crews would nearly always offer tours if you'd ask nicely. They'll still bring the crowds, and the Progress D-18Ts still sound phenomenal up close, but I don't think anything beats being able to toss a football in an aircraft fuselage and not risk hitting anything on the other end. This airplane is incredible.

View attachment 55931

View attachment 55932

Big lady arrived on a fuel hop from Goose Bay this evening, and heads south later on to pick up whoknowswhat. Before all this COVID nonsense and depending upon how long the Antonov stuck around, the crews would nearly always offer tours if you'd ask nicely. They'll still bring the crowds, and the Progress D-18Ts still sound phenomenal up close, but I don't think anything beats being able to toss a football in an aircraft fuselage and not risk hitting anything on the other end. This airplane is incredible.

Booze works best when asking for a tour. She was a regular guest at TPA during my time there.

Not so much "from the road", but the remnants of the tropical storm. Lost 12 trees, it appears that my leachfield has been disturbed and will need to be replaced.

However, this evening is quite beautiful, after the removal of trees and $1100 later for subsequent damaged trees to be removed it could be worse
20201029_084716.jpg
20201029_084723.jpg
20201029_084748.jpg
Screenshot_20201029-185948_Chrome.jpg
20201029_183346.jpg

Power's been out 12+ hours, however the Genrac generator is doing its job, while everyone else has cold showers, I'm drinking cold Franziskaner ....ya know, it's all about me in the end.

Not so much "from the road", but the remnants of the tropical storm. Lost 12 trees, it appears that my leachfield has been disturbed and will need to be replaced.

However, this evening is quite beautiful, after the removal of trees and $1100 later for subsequent damaged trees to be removed it could be worseView attachment 56040View attachment 56041View attachment 56042View attachment 56043View attachment 56044.

Power's been out 12+ hours, however the Genrac generator is doing its job, while everyone else has cold showers, I'm drinking cold Franziskaner ....ya know, it's all about me in the end.
That's some impressive damage!

Nice Forester Sport!

Back