daily pic

Photos from the Red Barn Heritage Award Ceremony, an event honoring the Boeing Company, at the Museum of Flight on Boeing Field in Seattle, WA.

WP_20140628_005 (1).jpg

A Boeing 787-9 on display.

WP_20140628_011.jpg

WP_20140628_010.jpg

Flyovers from a restored Boeing Model 40, a restored TWA DC-2, a P51-D Mustang, and a T-6 Texan.

WP_20140628_019.jpg

WP_20140628_018.jpg

WP_20140628_030.jpg

British Airways did a one time 777-300ER sub into SFO where we normally only get the 747-400s. Didn't enjoy the 4 phonecalls from people insisting the 77W couldn't use the regular BA gate no matter how many times I told them all it fits..alas, they parked it there. Here are some from today:

HL7739 towing forward SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
Asiana 777-200 pushing back as OZ211 to ICN.

G-CILV pulling into gate at SFO. by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
The first British Airways flight of the day rolls in as Speedbird 11M from LHR. I'll miss these 747-400s when they're gone years from now, but for now, nice to see the 77W later that day.

G-STBI passes Virgin Atlantic G-VFAB at SFO. by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
First British Airways 777-300ER to visit SFO, looks all new and shiny. Taxiing past the Virgin Atlantic "Lady Penelope".

G-STBI parking gate A6 at SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
Pulling into gate A6 with a small crowd, camera phones out.

N818SY arriving SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
A Sun Country 737-800 turning the corner for gate A2 behind British Airways.

N818SY at SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
Ever-sexy Sun Country arriving as SY395 from MSP.

MSP posted on twitter a bit ago they are going to try again tonight.
Wasn't there a link posted somewhere on here that said that after they took the runway it took something like forty minutes to bring the engines to take off power to avoid compressor stalls?
Edit: Found it http://gelio.livejournal.com/193025.html . Ten minutes not forty, not sure why I had that number in my head, where's that damned cane?

Last edited:
Just edited some more pics from the June 19th, when I took those last 2. We had Philippines cancel the night before and run as a live flight about 15 hours late for a rare afternoon departure. Having them on the gate made us put some carriers on gates we wouldn't normally make them use. Worked out for me since gate A10 allows for cool head-on turning shots. Not saying that's why they ended up there...
RP-C7471 pushing back at SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
Delayed Philippines 747-400 pushing back with Air France A380 headed out to Paris behind it.

XA-AGM pulling into gate at SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
First time I've ever seen this livery, still no pics of it online. A.net says it doesn't count as a "special livery" since it's just a decal. Meanwhile, an Emirates A380 with a decal was a "hot photo". Funny, I was also the first person to shoot an Air France A380 with a logo that didn't make the cut, they're still very sore about that self-portrait I sent them. Aeromexico has a lot of different liveries on the 737-700, at least a dozen.

RP-C7471 taxiing out at SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
Philippines 747-400 taxiing out to Manila full of exhausted pax after the 15 hour delay. Pilots got the flight number wrong every single call, they must have been pooped too.

N61819 departing SFO at dawn by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
United 737-900ER taking off as I wait at the bus stop in Lot D at dawn. This is a very new jet, first flight was in March!

C-FDST pushing from gate A10 at SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
Very rare to have Air Canada on gate A10, but we gots to do what we gots to do.

N709JB arriving at SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
Better look at the new jetBlue livery coming in from LGB.

N709JB turning into gate at SFO by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
jetBlue head-on. What are the chances they used gate A10? My lucky day.

N835VA pushing back at SFO for reposition by ChasenSFO, on Flickr
Another rare one for gate A10, Virgin America pushing for a reposition. Look at the afro on that ramper, pretty badass.

Last edited:
Met this fine lady today

10450305_10201188296549863_6141069433613273129_o.jpg

Cant believe they put that story on the news....Ooh, a big plane is here in Minneapolis.....Ahh.....It is set for a Wednesday departure. Some paperwork tie-up with the arrival airport....It is delivering some LARGE a/c units to Qatar......

Getting the plane ready and this bad boy rolled by with a fire truck in tow. The fire fighters were in full gear. Found out later he had declared an emergency for a flight control issue and landed at SGF.
F16.JPG

Back