D O U G I E

I_Money

Hey Doug,

I know we are not suppose to use the board as a PM, however by doing so we will be able to find out if anyone else is having problems with the board.

I have had a few PM's (feel free to log in as me and read them), from new users who once registered and logged on, they are unable to read the board. It comes up in an error, MSQL or something similar. You will be able to see who I am talking about when reading the PM's if you log in is them you will recieve the same error.

Has anyone else experienced any problems with the JC forum?

Hey Doug,
I've got a 'low-priority' squawk for ya'...
On the jetcareers main page, the links to the airline news headlines have been disabled. It gives me a message which basically says that headline function has been disable by site administrator. Anybody else have this problem, too? Or is it just my wacko computer?
wink.gif
No rush, Doug...whenever you get to it.
cool.gif

They want a gazillion dollars to unable that feature again, it used to be free when any .com company had a catrillion dollar IPO with 2 months of starting, but now they need more money.

A ccouple weeks ago on the bottom of the main page, It said there were like 2300 registered users. Now it says theres only like 1070. What is the reson for this?

[ QUOTE ]
A ccouple weeks ago on the bottom of the main page, It said there were like 2300 registered users. Now it says theres only like 1070. What is the reson for this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Furloughs.
grin.gif

Problem with logging in/mysql error:

Infopop (the author) is working on the issue but it might be another day or so before that's fixed.

The organization that offered free headlines, now wants several hundred dollars per month for me to continue the service, I'm shopping for an inexpensive/cheap/free substitute but it's been slow.

I promise some results on the above squawks, but I've probably spent 30 hours at home if you count from last sunday thru next thursday so time has been tight.

[ QUOTE ]
The organization that offered free headlines, now wants several hundred dollars per month for me to continue the service, I'm shopping for an inexpensive/cheap/free substitute but it's been slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger that. No biggie, I can certainly live without 'em.

I'd be more than happy to purchase a service that's cost effective and that everyone enjoys, but these puds wanted almost 'extortion-style' money to turn the headlines back on.

Screw that! Besides, a good portion of the headlines were about carriers serving the Belarus to Oslo nonstop routes (TIC).

Anyway, I'm working on a website redesign and simultaneously negotiating with PRNewsire to provide aviation news coverage for the site.

Dude that super cool, just wanted to see how wide spread the problem was, and if you knew about it. Cheers for all the hard work, I owe you a beer!

[ QUOTE ]
the links to the airline news headlines have been disabled

[/ QUOTE ]
While the headlines have been disabled, the links to the news websites below each headline are still enabled. With a couple clicks and some drilling down you can easily find the aviation article. Some are easier to find than others...

Today I noticed that all of my P.M.'s were erased. Not a big deal, cuz I don't think that any of them were important.

[ QUOTE ]
Today I noticed that all of my P.M.'s were erased. Not a big deal, cuz I don't think that any of them were important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh Crap! Mine are gone too!

Doug, I had several PM's that were important to me, is there any way to revive them? I guess it's my own fault for not saving the ones I wanted to my hard drive, but if there is any way of getting them back I would really, really appreciate it!

I highly doubt it! As Doug has said before the software company brings out new additions with features they believe useful, and take away other features they do not think useful, I guess this is just a case of this!

That sucks...

Why does the software company get to make the decision over whether or not my PM's are useful??

Well now it's time for a diatribe about Infopop, the authors of this software.

I've been working with them the past few days to resolve the new user issues and they wouldn't go any further until I followed their instructions about a potential fix.

Apparently, the problem comes from the mysql max process time so they said a user had success by first deleting PM's older than 20 days and then chaging the max process time in the config file.

And in my best Dr. Phil impression, my answer was "uh, that dog don't hunt" to which they replied that until I followed their guidance, it was going to freeze their support.

Ok, fine, well I deleted everything 20 days or older and it deleted about 800 old private messages older than 20 days and I also changed the max process time with the mysql database.

(sidenote: boy you guys send lots of PM's! [expletive deleted], there are probably more PM's than there are threads on the forums!)

Problem still persisted.

So then they've put their big six gun software author on it and in the past 30 hours, I've heard nada.

Resolution soon, hopefully.

Back