Custom-Built David Clark Headsets

Hacker15e

Who am I? Where are my pants?
Any of you guys know of recipes/formulas for building up customized David Clark headsets using mix-and-match parts from various different models?

Via an unrelated Google search, I happened across this little tidbit about a company called Meyer Aviation Headsets:

But the real treat is the second option: get a set of his custom headsets. His specialty is to begin with David Clark's H10-56 helicopter cups and frame, and build up the best in every respect. What most folks don't realize is that the DC helicopter headsets begin with a larger (and heavier) headset cup with more sound absorbing insulation. Regular DC models, with the gel seals, provide 23 db of passive noise reduction whereas the helicopter models provide 27. Now that may not sound like much but remember that sound pressure levels require a doubling of energy for a 3 db increase. Or conversely, for a 3 db reduction you need to cut the acoustic energy in half. Anyway, the custom headsets feature the helicopter cups, his high-fidelity drivers, his own electret mic element (the standard H10-56s have a dynamic mic), and all the usual comfort goodies such as the gel seals

Just wondering if any JCers had heard of this type of thing, and if anyone knew which components are used in an "ultimate David Clark headset" build aside from the H10-56 earcups. I'd imagine the other parts come from an H10-60 or something of the like, and then add-ons like the Oregon Aero Hush Kit.

Thoughts?

Any of you guys know of recipes/formulas for building up customized David Clark headsets using mix-and-match parts from various different models?

Via an unrelated Google search, I happened across this little tidbit about a company called Meyer Aviation Headsets:

[/SIZE][/FONT]Just wondering if any JCers had heard of this type of thing, and if anyone knew which components are used in an "ultimate David Clark headset" build aside from the H10-56 earcups. I'd imagine the other parts come from an H10-60 or something of the like, and then add-ons like the Oregon Aero Hush Kit.

Thoughts?

I actually have two DCs one Helo 76 with FW converted parts I soldered myself, and another normal 13.4

It's no ANR, but the 56 is quite a bit more quiet, but heavier, than the 13.4

Ever thought about building up the entire headset from something like Clarity Aloft ear buds? I've built up one and it's not too shabby..

I bought a set up from headsetsinc.com to make some anr homebrews. Not bad, not excellent.

Good idea to revive a hold headset, or make a cheap backup/passenger ANR headset... I hate taking friends up while wearing my Zulu and them having to wear a cheapo headset... Kinda spoils the fun...

Back