Currently attending ?

Dan

Hello everyone. Is anybody currently attending Ari-Ben ? Like to hear any comments . I have read the other threads concerning this place but I was just looking for some current student news .
smirk.gif

I don't think there are any current students of Ari on this board. Luftpost, you need to yell at some of your students and have them get on here.

Just kidding.

They are blazing through their ratings, and don't have the time....
smile.gif

I know some of the guys do read Jetcareers, but for some reason or another don't spend too much time posting.

I have been extremely busy lately and have been a bit lazy in reading the posts as well.

Tommorrow for the first time in over a month, I can sleep in (until 6am), for my first flight of the day which starts at 8am. I have had 6am flights up to now. During the real early hours, Miami Center is not very busy, and we can get in more approaches than would be possible later in the day.

Tonight, I go to bed early and catch up on some lost sleep (it has been worth losing it though!!!!!
wink.gif

Cheers

Hi Luftpost,

How much left seat time are students getting in the 200 hr. multi program ?

Dan

Hay Luftpost,

It seems like we are very similar. I too have 2 children, currently live in the north east (NY) and am moving the family to VB in October. My wife and I are completely sold on VB and FSI. I toured FSI and Pan Am in February but did not know about Ari. I currently have my com. single and need multi training cfi/cfii/mei.

I know this is personal but how was the adjustment for your family? How is the school system in VB? My kids are 5 and 9 (k & 4th). We plan to buy a house in Vero (not beach side).

After being on jetcareers.com for a couple of weeks I am seriously considering Ari. I know that they do not guarantee a CFI position but the chances look much beter than at FSI. I know this will spark controversy in that I should not choose a school for the “maybe promise” of a job after but for someone like me who does not want to move and move and move it does sound very appealing.

Also what is your plan after? Do you anticipate having to move once you landed a regional job or do you feel it is possible to stay in VB and launch from there?

Dan

80 hrs dual towards Multi Private & Multi Instrument (all left seat)

100 hrs time building (left or right seat, or a combination thereof, doesn't matter).

10 Multi Commercial (left seat).

10 MEI (right seat).

I hope this answers your question, if not, please rephrase.

Yes it does , thanks...

What about "out of pocket" expenses during your x-c portion of training ? Like overnight stays ; I'm assuming your pretty much on your own as far as hotel and rental car bills. Is this different from in state trips to out of state trips ? What about examiner fees ? One more question... single engine ratings (comm. instr..) are part of the program too ?

Sorry for dumping a lot of questions at once... I know you must be busy.... thanks for your responses !!

Dan

Luftpost,
If you wanted to not spend on overnight stays during cross counrties, it is possible to come back to Ft Pierce every night isn't it?

Hi Shooter.. that's what I was thinking... just leave early in the morning and return in the afternoon. I'm sure that there are plenty of "triangle trips" that you could take plus doing approaches in between stops. You could even plan to stop and get a decent priced room once in a while if you wanted too...course, I'm just thinking of all this... but I don't see why this wouldn't be possible to do. I guess we'll just wait on Luftpost's response...hopefully soon
grin.gif

Getting anxious to get started...!

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
What about "out of pocket" expenses during your x-c portion of training ? Like overnight stays ; I'm assuming your pretty much on your own as far as hotel and rental car bills. Is this different from in state trips to out of state trips ? What about examiner fees ? One more question... single engine ratings (comm. instr..) are part of the program too ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically, time building takes place in two shifts. The first from 6pm to 12 midnight, the second from midnight to 6 am.

People who time build come from all walks of life. Many are CFI's at other schools who did not get enough multi time at their school (should have enrolled at "The Aviator" to begin with), some are doing it for fun, others are profesional pilots flying mostly singles, who want to make themselves more marketable within their company, and then there are those who are doing it as a hobby. I am sure there are many other cases. The reason that I mention this is because you never now what the other timebuilders intentions are. Most of the time you will remain within the fuel range of the Duchess, return to Ft. Pierce, fuel up, and depart on the second shift if you wish. When I was timebuilding , I went to other states, but always returned by 6 am. My partner payed for fuel expenses (because he could and wanted to). It was a great opportunity for me. The timebuilding price is "wet". If you do need to fill up with "non aviator" fuel, then you merly pay the difference between what Aviator pays and what you paid. The school does encourage its time builders to go where ever they want to. For what you pay for the plane ($55.00/hr), fueling up with somebody elses fuel is still very cheap. On some rare occasions, if an aircraft can be made available, timebuilders may use it over several days. Any expenses incurred, would be the responsibility of the timebuilders.

Examiner fees are about $250 per checkride. The CFI checkride fees are closer to $400 each. I cannot recall if they are included in the package price or not.

The program progresses like this.....1) Multi Private (you have your ASEL already), 2) Multi Instrument (qualifies you for SE instrument). 3) Time building phase (100 hrs). 4) Commercial Multi (you do the multi first because you feel more comfortable in the twin than you do the single). 5) Commercial Single. 6) MEI Initial (again becaue of reasons stated above). 7) CFI SE and CFII add ons in one checkride. If you have zero time, then you can get your PPL as well.

Many people who go through the program will then work as MEI's. Todate, approximately 5% of my total dual given is SE, all other time is Multi.

[ QUOTE ]
If you wanted to not spend on overnight stays during cross counrties, it is possible to come back to Ft Pierce every night isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please read post my above. Timebuilders are not ferrying aircraft for company purposes. You are timebuilding. You determine the route, the length, everything.....

Thanks for the response Luftpost. It is really cool to have someone answer questions on here like you do. Bravo!!!

I agree with you Shooter. He has answered most or all of my questions... and it was to my satisfaction.
smile.gif

Dan

Back