Currency Question?

TNpilot

Hi Everybody!

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm a first time caller, long time listener. I guess that would make me one of the silent lurkers here at JC....

Anyway, I have a bit of a question. I got my PP-ASEL Certificate back in October, and because of school, haven't been up in the air since. I have, however, made sure that I have done my share of reading up and good ol' fashioned 'chair flying.' Well, I am about to graduate next weekend, and my Dad wants a flight. I call the FBO, and they ask me if I am current.

confused.gif

Besides 1) the BFR and 2) carrying passengers at night , is there a FAR that I have missed? If anyone can help, I'd certainly appreciate it.

sean

Three takeoffs and landings in the past 90 days.

To a full stop if you are going to fly at night.

Yeah, the one right above "carrying passengers at night."
wink.gif

3 takeoffs and landings within the preceding 90 days. They can be touch and goes, as long as its daytime and not a tailwheel. The FBO probably has some insurance currency requirements too...better check.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the one right above "carrying passengers at night."
wink.gif

3 takeoffs and landings within the preceding 90 days. They can be touch and goes, as long as its daytime and not a tailwheel. The FBO probably has some insurance currency requirements too...better check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like many FARs that have no rhyme or reason; I've never understood why night currency requires a landing to a full stop. There's no logical reason (versus day currency).

MD

Doh!

I ought to have remembered that one.

Thanks for the helpful prod to the brain.

sean

Back