Curiosity/Delta in CVG

nyk

Anyone know the plan going forward with Delta in CVG. I know they have reduced service there but whats the plan going forward are they pulling back a lot more flights will they re-add flights? Will they downsize it to an "outstation"? Just wondering if anyone knows anything.

From what I'm hearing, they're still maintaining hub status, but barely. It wasn't de-hubbed" officially like MEM & DFW, but if you remember, the airport was nothing like it was in the 90's with Comair, and the massive DL hub. DL still has the lucrative P&G contracts & the GE Aviation contracts there in CVG; because of the GE Aviation contract, DL still has a nonstop flight from CVG-CDG.

From what I'm hearing, they're still maintaining hub status, but barely. It wasn't de-hubbed" officially like MEM & DFW, but if you remember, the airport was nothing like it was in the 90's with Comair, and the massive DL hub. DL still has the lucrative P&G contracts & the GE Aviation contracts there in CVG; because of the GE Aviation contract, DL still has a nonstop flight from CVG-CDG.
Yeah I saw that on the board yesterday and was kind of confused because I couldnt remember if they had downgraded CVG or not.

From the recent cuts I believe its inevitable it will be downgraded to a outstation. There is word that Frontier wants to grab the "open slots" from DL. Possibly B6 sometime soon I hope as well.

From the recent cuts I believe its inevitable it will be downgraded to a outstation. There is word that Frontier wants to grab the "open slots" from DL. Possibly B6 sometime soon I hope as well.
CVG is not slot controlled, and Frontier already operates at Cincinnati.

This is a pretty nice article that covers what's up with low-cost carriers at CVG these days.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/2015/01/23/frontier-flight-cuts-cvg/22217361/
Thanks for the article as it stated AAY has added that SAV flight out of here so looks like if the airport can bring in some more LCC then I think it will lessen the blow of DL cutting flights. I heard that DL is cutting something like over 100 more flights soon out of CVG. With additional flights being added to AAY and Frontier that will help out the airport. It is already expensive to fly out of CVG on DL so it will soften the blow on the other two. AAY is growing a lot out of here with stops to LAS, PHX, Multiple stops in FL, SAV, and even AUS.
CVG is not slot controlled, and Frontier already operates at Cincinnati.
Thats why i quoted it ;)

Thanks for the article as it stated AAY has added that SAV flight out of here so looks like if the airport can bring in some more LCC then I think it will lessen the blow of DL cutting flights. I heard that DL is cutting something like over 100 more flights soon out of CVG. With additional flights being added to AAY and Frontier that will help out the airport. It is already expensive to fly out of CVG on DL so it will soften the blow on the other two. AAY is growing a lot out of here with stops to LAS, PHX, Multiple stops in FL, SAV, and even AUS.

Thats why i quoted it ;)
If you want a preview of what happens when delta pulls out like that, just come to Memphis. This city HATES Delta, yet flies them because they have the most flights. This airport did MAJOR updates to appear more attractive to Delta, that did not help. This airport is a shell of what it used to be. Hopefully CVG will attract better carriers than what Memphis is attracting (Allegiant is starting here in May.....nothing special there).

Sounds like business is booming at Allegiant. I know Spirit is raking in some serious cheddar and expanding their fleet. Curious about Frontier, though. Hard to get a read on the company's outlook. I need to get more educated on airline econ/finance.

If you want a preview of what happens when delta pulls out like that, just come to Memphis. This city HATES Delta, yet flies them because they have the most flights. This airport did MAJOR updates to appear more attractive to Delta, that did not help. This airport is a shell of what it used to be. Hopefully CVG will attract better carriers than what Memphis is attracting (Allegiant is starting here in May.....nothing special there).
Sounds like the love that ABX has with DHL after the move to CVG.

Back